• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

So uh, the Manchester United/Glazer protests were kinda nuts. Still wish they didn't take 20 minutes out of the Arsenal game with dumb split screen to explain what's going on.

Best meme from that: "A Spurs fan has been spotted entering the Old Trafford trying to steal a trophy"

So uh, the Manchester United/Glazer protests were kinda nuts. Still wish they didn't take 20 minutes out of the Arsenal game with dumb split screen to explain what's going on.

Best meme from that: "A Spurs fan has been spotted entering the Old Trafford trying to steal a trophy"

I’m all fairness the supporter mob was more interesting than watching Arsenal :p

Very bad look for United supporters though. I mean what if it works and Glazer sells the team now? Then what? It makes them feel justified in what they did. If it doesn’t work and they refuse to sell? Then what?

Keep hurting them in their wallets, which is all they care about. Postponing a game probably cost the Glazers money. Stop buying merch, do a total boycott, threaten to boycott sponsors so some of them pull out. If the majority of fans hate the Glazers, they need to make it a financially smart decision for the owners to sell. Otherwise, it's just a temper tantrum

Keep hurting them in their wallets, which is all they care about. Postponing a game probably cost the Glazers money. Stop buying merch, do a total boycott, threaten to boycott sponsors so some of them pull out. If the majority of fans hate the Glazers, they need to make it a financially smart decision for the owners to sell. Otherwise, it's just a temper tantrum

I agree but the problem with that is it’s even harder of football. It’s just too big of a sport. Want to boycott? Great. But there will still be plastic fans, outsiders that look at a trip to Old Trafford as a life dream fro whatever other country, etc.

Mourinho to Roma starting next season. They were letting go of their manager at the end of the season anyway. Currently 7th in Serie A, and at risk of missing out on Europe depending on how they and Sassuolo finish the season. I don't envy Pellegrini, or a reunion between Mourinho and Mkhitaryan.

Today I learned how much of a little bitch Neymar is, and how whiny PSG is when they're down. Manchester City absolutely manhandled them in every aspect of the game. I don't envy the winner of Chelsea/Real Madrid tomorrow.

You never knew that? Neymar literally is one of the most hated men in football. He’s a douche. The PSG trio of Neymar, Mbappe, and Di Maria are three most annoying diving whiny jackasses in the game

You never knew that? Neymar literally is one of the most hated men in football. He’s a douche. The PSG trio of Neymar, Mbappe, and Di Maria are three most annoying diving whiny jackasses in the game

I knew it, but I never really watched PSG. Angel Di Maria absolutely lost his cool and got a red card. Paredes freakin choked Zinchenko and somehow Zinchenko got the yellow. The ref let that game get terribly out of hand. PSG are the epitome of entitled children that throw temper tantrums when it doesn't go their way. Disgraceful.

So obviously I was watching United. Did Arsenal look bad or was it a case of bad luck to not win that game?

Arsenal are the NY Rangers of the Premier League.

You look at the roster and go "oh, shit, they should be good" and then you watch them and it's like "okay, how are they letting me down today?"

A team that owns possession but doesn't make runs behind. A team that looks uninterested in attacking or getting into the box. A total shake-up is needed. We need an aerial threat at striker. Auba and Laca can both go at this point. Our defense needs reinventing as well. Mari and Holding are mid-table center backs. Gabriel I think has potential. Bellerin can go as well. Partey can make great passes but is looking the wrong way half the time, but we're stuck with him after a big purchase. We're good on the wings, and I think Pepe needs an extended run of play. I don't believe that Odegaard and ESR can play at the same time.

I'm so frustrated. Out of Europe for the first time since 95/96. A coach unwilling to adapt his system around the players he has. A bunch of egos and primadonas who are good at the game but don't want to do the work.

Build around Tierney, Martinelli, Saka, Pepe, Gabriel, Leno, and Partey. There's a lot for this club to actually be considered "Big 6" again.

Its good to be a Chelsea fan again :thumbs:

What Tuchel has done with this team is beyond incredible. It shouldn't be possible to transform a team this much in so little time during a season. Went from looking like Arsenal and Spurs to now have control of the 3rd place and FA & CL finals coming.

https://www.90min.com/posts/thomas-tuchel-incredible-statistic-chelsea-progress-opinion

"Tuchel has now played against Zinedine Zidane and Real Madrid (twice), Pep Guardiola (twice), Jurgen Klopp, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Diego Simeone (twice) and come away with eight wins from those nine matches."

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal miss out on Europe thanks to Gareth Bale, and were only 6 points out of Champions League despite being 15th at Christmas. What a roller coaster of a season. Looking forward to the summer, and hoping the Gunners can maneuver some good transfers despite not being able to offer CL or EL football.

And for the summer, lets go NYCFC!

Also, Joe Willock's loan spell was beastly. I hope we do go with a 4-3-3 or give Willock an opportunity to showcase his talents. Kid was a ballhawk for Newcastle.

I don’t think Partey is going anywhere after being bought for 45mil. He’s not bad, but he needs a creative striker to provide outlets to. He linked up well with advanced players like ESR and Laca. Auba was pretty poor the majority of the year after getting paid.

I think both Torreira and Guendouzi will be sold. Guendouzi had more maturity issues on loan. Arteta just doesn’t like Torreira for some reason.

I think we’ll pick up a box to box midfielder. Aouar is apparently available for 30mil. There’s a few other options as well, and I’m curious how Joe Willock fits into that

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk