• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Targets to Break the Rangers' Homogeneity?

Phil

We should probably settle for pills at this point and go from there Ozzy!

Tic Tacs, JS!!! :rofl:

I keep picturing the Japanese dude from Major League II doing the "Juevos" thing with his hands under his balls!!

Yup. Bad penalties (tripping, hooking, etc — you've been beat and you're cheating) versus "good" (charging, elbowing, etc). Martin popped Zibanejad in the mouth with an elbow on the first shift. I'm A-OK killing off a charging call when the team responds by running Barzal over next shift.

Isn't this stuff Lemieux would do and everyone shit on him?

Kind of. He'd try, but he's built like a tree stump, and he'd get embarrassed in most fights because of his size.

He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.

He's not really known for any of those things. Mostly position-ally responsible hockey and a good shot.

If he's going to be a successful NHL player, its going to be due to his willingness and ability to capitalize on his chances, not his skating or hands. Hopefully he develops a pair of balls at the NHL level, because he could really compliment some of the skill players with his "compete level" and ability to finish.

I had always seen him touted as a good skater for his (big) size with a good shot (hands). Defensively responsible. C at Cornell. All that was confirmed by watching. Just no mean streak. But his Ivy League brain will hopefully see and respond to the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He did tko somebody in his one fight in LA. I don't even think he would be in the NHL without that last name, and to think he asked to be traded is borderline comical. But yeah on a normal night he was willing to get punched in the face.

Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.

Meh. I have a feeling he develops into a 40 point agitator type. Definitely has scoring ability and guts. Frankly I'd much rather see him playing on the Rangers right now over Rooney, Blackwell and a few others. You can't teach grit and this guy played with grit.

LOL. 25-year-old fourth-line player with a career high of 18 points in an NHL season "could have turned into a 40-point agitating forward," because... reasons? He barely put up 40 points in the AHL. Blackwell (13 goals, 24 points) literally has double the scoring output of Lemieux this season.

Lemiuex has 10 points in 43 games with two teams this season. Career high of 18 in 59. Has bricks for hands and the offensive awareness of a toddler. Not sure what scouting report or secret wishing well you're seeing his potential in.

You can't tell me Matt Tkachuk wouldn't have helped last night. Not so much that he would have been able to physically stop Wilson, but that he would have hounded the fuck out of the Capitals' top softie players too. It's having fear of retribution on the ice more than being able to stop Wilson from being a douchebag. The best way to try and neutralize Wilson is to have his own teammates saying "chill, we don't need anyone coming after us in retaliation right now".

They don't have to be. Offer a package they cannot refuse.

I'm curious what you'd be willing to give up to get Tkachuk, and what Calgary would accept.

If I'm Calgary and I need a shake-up, I trade Gaudreau. 27yr old versus 23yr old, I know who I'd rather keep.

You can't tell me Matt Tkachuk wouldn't have helped last night. Not so much that he would have been able to physically stop Wilson, but that he would have hounded the fuck out of the Capitals' top softie players too. It's having fear of retribution on the ice more than being able to stop Wilson from being a douchebag. The best way to try and neutralize Wilson is to have his own teammates saying "chill, we don't need anyone coming after us in retaliation right now".

Yup. Next shift, he'd have been slashing at, hacking, in the face of Backstrom, etc. And barking at Wilson while he's in the box, too, basically telling him "no problem — you wanna play this game? I can play too." Basically the Avery

method.

They don't have to be. Offer a package they cannot refuse.

It'll take some work to get approved (namely from Kreider), but:

Kreider, Jones, Gauthier, 1st for Tkachuk, 2nd.

Yup. Next shift, he'd have been slashing at, hacking, in the face of Backstrom, etc. And barking at Wilson while he's in the box, too, basically telling him "no problem — you wanna play this game? I can play too."

Exactly!!!

...just gotta build a tougher team for next season.

It's the Patrick Division all over again, Phil!!

Now if we can only get someone who could stop that damn Willi Plett!! :rofl:

I'm curious what you'd be willing to give up to get Tkachuk, and what Calgary would accept.

If I'm Calgary and I need a shake-up, I trade Gaudreau. 27yr old versus 23yr old, I know who I'd rather keep.

I agree with you, but there's a vast difference in Tkachuk's trade value and Gaudreau's, so it's not like they can choose one or the other and get the same return. I think they might be willing to shake things up more significantly than deal Gaudreau for a B prospect and a pick, because that's all he'd get being 1 year from UFA and a having big decline in production over the last couple of seasons.

I'd offer Buchnevich, Jones or Lundkvist, and a 1st for Tkachuk and a 2nd. Something like that. They might not jump at it off the bat, but they wouldn't hang up the phone if an offer like that hits them in the face. Show them you're serious with value, even if the initial offer might miss the mark with exact content, and work out the details later.

Yup. Next shift, he'd have been slashing at, hacking, in the face of Backstrom, etc. And barking at Wilson while he's in the box, too, basically telling him "no problem — you wanna play this game? I can play too." Basically the Avery
method.

It'll take some work to get approved (namely from Kreider), but:

Kreider, Jones, Gauthier, 1st for Tkachuk, 2nd.

I would do that deal yesterday.