• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shake Up Coming After No Show

Capt

If you want real change ZIb or Strome have to go. The Rangers are incredibly soft down the middle. Chytil too but Chytil gets half their ice time now and is still a pup who already has more power in his stride than those two combined. He's lacking intensity but moving him doesn't fix your problem. Your top two centers get the lion share of ice time and play the toughest matchups and when those matchups aren't a track meet they lose every time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want real change ZIb or Strome have to go. The Rangers are incredibly soft down the middle. Chytil too but Chytil gets half their ice time now and is still a pup who already has more power in his stride than those two combined. He's lacking intensity but moving him doesn't fix your problem. Your top two centers get the lion share of ice time and play the toughest matchups and when those matchups aren't a track meet they lose every time.

Yea but where the hell do you get a #1 center then? This is the firs time in I cant remember how long the rangers have an actual 1C, soft or not you keep him.

Even Eichel straight up for Zib... does Eichel make this team any better? I am legitimately asking. From what I have seen he is soft-ish too.

I have no idea what your point is. You saying you want skilled guys to trickle down to the 4th line (which is what we have right now with Kravstov on the 4th line) and then saying you don't want Kravstov on the 4th line.

I'm saying Martin isn't skilled enough for this team. Adding a Martin, although they need someone like that, takes too much away from the line being productive - especially when you'll see a plethora of young, skilled forwards used on the 4th line moving forward.

Martin hitting and punching people is cool and all, but it doesnt help develop (for example) Kravtsov when they are playing on a line together.

It's essentially what we saw with Lemieux being ineffective as an NHL player this season. Except taller.

Shit as a stop gap I'd take Tyler Johnson to replace Strome. He's got plenty of offensive ability to play with Panarin and he's a competitive motherfucker even a little cheap. Regardless he has a Dominic Moore drive to him, where he's tough to like unless he's on your team. By no means am I saying he's the answer but certainly he's an available center who would check some boxes in being harder to play against.

They don't want change for change sake. They want to build on what they have, which is a super talented team. Change will happen but you're talking about trading all three centers lol. That's not gonna happen, nor should it.

Yea but where the hell do you get a #1 center then? This is the firs time in I cant remember how long the rangers have an actual 1C, soft or not you keep him.

Even Eichel straight up for Zib... does Eichel make this team any better? I am legitimately asking. From what I have seen he is soft-ish too.

You trade one or the other, not both. The one that remains centers your scoring line flanked by Panarin. The guy you bring in is your matchup center. The guy playing opposite, Barzal, Crosby, Ovi, Laine, Bergeron, Eichel, etc. That guy doesn't have to score a point per game. He needs to break even on most nights playing against the best players in the league. His line does that the Rangers will win a ton of games.

They don't want change for change sake. They want to build on what they have, which is a super talented team. Change will happen but you're talking about trading all three centers lol. That's not gonna happen, nor should it.

What part of OR does not compute. I would trade any of the three and the return would differ for each. That means though if I trade ZIb, Strome is off the table and vice versa. My original post had ZIb and Chytil traded but Strome staying. To be fair I don't view Chytil as a center either. He's a center in name only, he inadequate in everything a center should do. He's a much better suited to the wing

I don't think Gorton and JD are oblivious to the fact that this is a soft, one trick team. If you look at what they drafted last year they are obviously trying to beef it up going forward.

I think their logic is that you have to play the kids right now, which is the right decision. Unfortunately none of them, nor the other top 6 vets are actually hard bodies. Laf was supposed to have an edge to his game which I have yet to see. Kreider is defining a whole new generation of power-less forwards. And Strome, Panarin, Zib, are all skill guys.

But this goes beyond throwing hits and being tough. This team doesnt battle for the puck. Their board play is only good when they are able to make sneaky and quick passes but dump and chase is not their forte. They get knocked off way too easily and hardly if ever walk away from 50/50 battles. The easy fix to this is over hauling that 4th line as has been mentioned. Howden needs to go- simply doesnt add anything to the line up. Im all for keeping Rooney or Blackwell but not both unless one wants to sit most of the year. And for god sakes bring in someone who can win a faceoff.

As for the top 3 lines we all know someone will get moved sooner or later. I dont know who or how to approach this but I wouldnt be surprised of they gave that top 9 another year to see what sticks and what doesnt.

i wouldnt mind keeping Zibby for now, he plays well with Buch and Kreider or Laf. Buch isnt soft, neither is Laf. My issue is with the second line. Panarian, Strome, and blackwell all are incredibly soft. i liked when Krav was on that line, he was not allergic to the battle on the boards like Strome and Panarin are. This is the problem line IMO. Since panarin wont be moved and blackwell should be forgotten somewhere, Strome has to be the odd man out. Any center with some grit and who can shoot will get his points playing with Panarin.

I haven't filled my "Beat the MacKinnon drum once a week" quota yet, have I? :rofl:

He becomes a Free agent after '22-'23....he'll also be 28 years old by then.

We should be right on the verge of being a Cup contender, in theory....

I don't know how it would work with both Strome and Zibby's contracts ending after the '21-'22 (next) season, but I would absolutely LOVE to see the Rangers chase him down in free agency.

I haven't filled my "Beat the MacKinnon drum once a week" quota yet, have I? :rofl:

He becomes a Free agent after '22-'23....he'll also be 28 years old by then.

We should be right on the verge of being a Cup contender, in theory....

I don't know how it would work with both Strome and Zibby's contracts ending after the '21-'22 (next) season, but I would absolutely LOVE to see the Rangers chase him down in free agency.

I’ll buy you 10 rounds at a bar of your choosing if he hits UFA status

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’ll buy you 10 rounds at a bar of your choosing if he hits UFA status

I want him on the Rangers so bad, Nashty!! He's not Messier 2.0, but good god, dude. That fucking guy commands the play like very few I've seen in a long time!!!

Plus I wouldn't have to stay up until freakin' midnight watching him make chopped meat out of the western division teams! ;)

I'm saying Martin isn't skilled enough for this team. Adding a Martin, although they need someone like that, takes too much away from the line being productive - especially when you'll see a plethora of young, skilled forwards used on the 4th line moving forward.

Martin hitting and punching people is cool and all, but it doesnt help develop (for example) Kravtsov when they are playing on a line together.

It's essentially what we saw with Lemieux being ineffective as an NHL player this season. Except taller.

I guess what I'm saying is that if they want to have an actual 4th line (which I think they need to be successful/playoff team) they shouldn't use that line as a developmental line like they are right now. A proper 4th line should be able to relieve pressure and wear out the opposing team. That's exactly what the isle's 4th line has been doing for years now. It's a huge reason for their success.

You can use the other lines for development if that's what you want to do, but I think the Rangers are past that point. Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravstov have earned top 9 minutes at least. Any development that has to be done will just occur naturally with time and experience playing with good players. Rangers goal next year should be to make the playoffs. They know what they have in their top players and picks. The next step is to build a team that can begin to compete for a Cup in the next few years. Part of that build is a proper 4th line.

I want him on the Rangers so bad, Nashty!! He's not Messier 2.0, but good god, dude. That fucking guy commands the play like very few I've seen in a long time!!!

Plus I wouldn't have to stay up until freakin' midnight watching him make chopped meat out of the western division teams! ;)

I’m right there with you buddy. Besides maybe mcDavid and arguably matthews I think he’s the best player in the nhl

The whole youngest team in the league label (which I'm not even sure is accurate, I think they're 3rd or 4th on any given day) is very deceiving in that they're carried by the ones that aren't considered kids by any measure. Panarin 29, Kreider 30, Mika 28, Strome 27, Buch 26, Blackwell 27. Trouba 27, and I would have to think Smith is back for sure now based on him having shown some leadership having a heart and sack ~32.

Toddlers - Yukon 19, Kravtsov 21, Kakko 20, Chytil 21, Miller 21, Jones 20

Youngsters - Fox 23, Hajek 23, Lindgren 23

Igor - 25, Georgiev 25

There's a really good mix age wise and we couldn't say that even a couple years ago BUT imo especially up front they're carried almost exclusively by the older players not dinosaurs but not in any way by the kids. Honestly, while Yukon and Kakko have shown a pulse at times I don't see them being able to do the heavy lifting in any way any time soon. Kravtsov to me has the most potential at this point but it's such a small sample size who knows. I think they also are more of the same when it comes to playing without any meaningful grit in their game. Same goes for Chytil and he's got 180 games under his belt.

To get the players they need to become a more playoff ready team I believe they will have to offer up more than a shopping list made up of only the older guys. Honestly while it's good to have prospects and some kinds mixed in I don't believe you can be a contender being one of the youngest teams in the league. Maybe it's happened I'm too lazy to look it up but I bet its few and far between.

I don't give a rat fart about their production. I think Strome and Buch are weak links that need to go. They both hurt the team in different ways. The main problem is their just not 1st or 2nd line players deserving of those minutes. If they stay it should be on the third line only. Kreider-Strome- Buch is an ideal 3rd line.