• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox: Norris Candidate? Adam Fox: Norris Candidate!

Phil

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only started watching in roughly 96/97 so I never got to see him dominate. He was good when I watched him but its crazy to me that he seems to have every record and most by a mile too.

Time for some of them to be broken.

Fox definitely makes me think of Leetch. Fox is a little awkward when you compare the two's skating ability. They couldn't catch Leetch...he was that fast, and REALLY slick. I remember the year he broke his ankle when the Rangers had their first legit shot at the cup back in March of '93. I was sick to my stomach for a week!

I guess the best way I could sum up Leetch, Nashty is....Think Fox times 2...with a really decent shot. ;)

The Zubov trade was the turning point to the downward spiral of the team until the Rangers got Jagr.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Worst trade we made in my lifetime. Point per game 24 year old defender and a point per game 23 year old center who had a rough lockout season dealt in the same deal. Shameful.

I mean it was more than that, but yea, he was still wrong.

I'm sure there was. I was 9 when that trade went down; details are fuzzy but I distinctly remember that one detail.

Just gutting to look back on what those two did versus where we ended up.

Fox definitely makes me think of Leetch. Fox is a little awkward when you compare the two's skating ability. They couldn't catch Leetch...he was that fast, and REALLY slick. I remember the year he broke his ankle when the Rangers had their first legit shot at the cup back in March of '93. I was sick to my stomach for a week!

I guess the best way I could sum up Leetch, Nashty is....Think Fox times 2...with a really decent shot. ;)

Remind me how Leetch broke his ankle?

Remind me how Leetch broke his ankle?

Thirty one and Sharpy are correct but the one I remember was when he went back for the puck in the left corner of Richter, and he tried to side-step a player coming in, and he fell backward and sat on his ankle.

..and Nashty, I know it's a Fox thread but this is a good sampler!!! Here's a little Brian Leetch sampler for you man:

So Zac Jones? :rofl:

• 1 month later...
ive watched makar in this COL-VGK series and there really is no comparison. Makar looks a bit more athletic - faster and probably stronger - than Fox, but as far as what he does on the ice it's imitation at best. This guy is the real deal.