• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#49) Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres // Last Call for Wings!

On that PP goal he scored, he wasn't afraid to go to the net and bat the puck in with two guys right on top of him. That's what you like to see.

Agreed Sharpy!! When a player, especially a young player can score goals in the dirty areas of the ice, that's an absolute win! Up until this season, the only player we had that could do that was Kreider, on a very inconsistent basis. If we have Kakko pitching in, and it also looks like Laffy is getting his nose dirty as well, we're headed in the right direction.

This team will seemingly always be able to score off the rush, but if they can buckle down and score goals off the cycle, that would add another missing dimension to what this team needs to be able to compete for and in the playoffs.

I'm already looking forward to next season, and I really think we're going to take some gigantic leaps personnel-wise and also in terms of player improvement over the off season. These kids have really grown on me this year!

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed Sharpy!! When a player, especially a young player can score goals in the dirty areas of the ice, that's an absolute win! Up until this season, the only player we had that could do that was Kreider, on a very inconsistent basis. If we have Kakko pitching in, and it also looks like Laffy is getting his nose dirty as well, we're headed in the right direction.

This team will seemingly always be able to score off the rush, but if they can buckle down and score goals off the cycle, that would add another missing dimension to what this team needs to be able to compete for and in the playoffs.

I'm already looking forward to next season, and I really think we're going to take some gigantic leaps personnel-wise and also in terms of player improvement over the off season. These kids have really grown on me this year!

If this team could score off the cycle with regularity, they'd be horrifying to play against. The key to stopping the Rangers right now is "wear them down, don't make mistakes at the blue line, don't take penalties" - if you take "wear them down" out of it because they're just winning the board battles a cycle-based attack requires....hoo boy. Avalanche East with a better goalie.

If this team could score off the cycle with regularity, they'd be horrifying to play against. The key to stopping the Rangers right now is "wear them down, don't make mistakes at the blue line, don't take penalties" - if you take "wear them down" out of it because they're just winning the board battles a cycle-based attack requires....hoo boy. Avalanche East with a better goalie.

That's where I think we're headed, G.....just gotta endure it a little longer until these kids become men! ;)