• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 — Reports From the Rink

Drew a Penalty

The point is Quinn has all these things right now on his roster and we really are no better than we were day 1 of him here. We are just as inconsistent, all over the place, and underwhelming as we were day 1 of him here. JD isn’t some magical god like figure that shits sprinkles and pisses rainbows. Just because he says something doesn’t make it exactly so. I think it was a horrible mistake to not say playoffs was a goal this year.

Let’s just ask this. If we had Trotz, or Laviolette, Quennville, or someone of that ilk, do you really think we wouldn’t be a better team with more success? If you want me to give Quinn an atta boy on the back and thanks for helping some players reach or continue their potential then so be it. I’ll pat him on the back. Now let’s bring in someone that actually knows how to actually use talent because Quinn clearly doesn’t.

Making the playoffs is a goal and nothing from Quinn or the management reads any differently. (It's, as Quinn has said repeatedly, why he is being so stingy with key minutes for the kids.) But it couldn't ever be the up or down measure of success or failure. That would have been ludicrous for this year, particularly when they stacked the divisions. This was always going to be a shitshow season of fits and starts, tough lessons, development, and forging an identity. I think playing endless rotations of PIT, BOS, WA, and the Isles has been great for the kids, but it was never a recipe for a superawesome winning pctg. Despite COVID, Putin, ADA, non-Zib, and boundless general weirdness, they're 7-3-2 in their last 12. This is the season we expected. Ups. Downs. Shouldn't be a shock.

I think people here are largely bored and impatient with the rebuild. Feels like it's taking too long. We should have RESULTS. But it does take that long and though Quinn is a convenient whipping boy, I don't believe we would be a contender this year under LaViolette, Trotz, or anybody else. So I agree with Pete that the conversation is repetitive. But I guess it passes the time as the Rangers take the considerable talent they have amassed and - one game at a time - build the confidence and cohesion to deliver a winning product.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed this team since Neilsen was coach and have heard the same thing said about every single coach but Keenan. The one time we had a coach who was getting a team to punch above it's weight, people complained the hockey was too boring and they blocked too many shots.

It doesn't always come down to ADA LOL. They signed Panarin because he's a world-class talent who wanted to come here, and you need those guys to win, and there's no guarantee you can add a guy like that later, at your convenience. And he'll still be productive at 32, most likely.

Yea, I agree with the sentiment here. I don't care if they replace him. I just think there are things about the team that wouldn't be different, even if the coach was.

Lol I love you bro but I put out a 500 word essay with 3 letters being ADA and u highlight that part lol

It’s just a blip of many mistakes I’m saying.

Making the playoffs is a goal and nothing from Quinn or the management reads any differently. (It's, as Quinn has said repeatedly, why he is being so stingy with key minutes for the kids.) But it couldn't ever be the up or down measure of success or failure. That would have been ludicrous for this year, particularly when they stacked the divisions. This was always going to be a shitshow season of fits and starts, tough lessons, development, and forging an identity. I think playing endless rotations of PIT, BOS, WA, and the Isles has been great for the kids, but it was never a recipe for a superawesome winning pctg. Despite COVID, Putin, ADA, non-Zib, and boundless general weirdness, they're 7-3-2 in their last 12. This is the season we expected. Ups. Downs. Shouldn't be a shock.

I think people here are largely bored and impatient with the rebuild. Feels like it's taking too long. We should have RESULTS. But it does take that long and though Quinn is a convenient whipping boy, I don't believe we would be a contender this year under LaViolette, Trotz, or anybody else. So I agree with Pete that the conversation is repetitive. But I guess it passes the time as the Rangers take the considerable talent they have amassed and - one game at a time - build the confidence and cohesion to deliver a winning product.

There is a bit different something though when a team says publicly playoffs is a goal of the year and privately saying so. Especially when you consider our gm took out a page in the daily news previously to say he’s selling off familiar faces lol

I don’t think they expected the D corps to be this solid (season, not tonight)

Miller, Lindgren, Fox exceeding expectations. Johnson, Deangelo gone. Even Smith is serviceable.

If the offense wasn’t all Panarin, they’d be in a spot

I don’t think they expected the D corps to be this solid (season, not tonight)

Miller, Lindgren, Fox exceeding expectations. Johnson, Deangelo gone. Even Smith is serviceable.

If the offense wasn’t all Panarin, they’d be in a spot

That’s part of it for sure. I just also think this year really should have been set higher. When u see Panarin day in and day out last year and even Fox, I’m surprised they didn’t say “you know, this is sped up a lot with these guys being who they are” and maybe actually set the bar just a bit higher.

That’s part of it for sure. I just also think this year really should have been set higher. When u see Panarin day in and day out last year and even Fox, I’m surprised they didn’t say “you know, this is sped up a lot with these guys being who they are” and maybe actually set the bar just a bit higher.

Fox barely played on the PK last season, and was on PP2.

Now he’s just amazing

Fox barely played on the PK last season, and was on PP2.

Now he’s just amazing

I think it was kind of obvious last year though that Fox had a certain something and was expected to do even better this year. He started the year right away as the first pairing

There is a bit different something though when a team says publicly playoffs is a goal of the year and privately saying so. Especially when you consider our gm took out a page in the daily news previously to say he’s selling off familiar faces lol
Let's be clear, nobody ever said that playoffs were not a goal. All that was said is that playoffs were not mandated for success.

Let's be clear, nobody ever said that playoffs were not a goal. All that was said is that playoffs were not mandated for success.

I think most mean expectation rather than goal.

My goal is to make a billion dollars this year. But my expectation is slightly less.

You don’t think you’re nitpicking my words a bit? I’m not going to go back through preseason pressers but I remembering either JD or Gorton being asked if playoffs was something expected for this year. To make it clear, I think it was wrong to answer “not necessarily “ or whatever the wording exactly was, especially how difficult it is to actually win once u get to the playoffs.

You don’t think you’re nitpicking my words a bit? I’m not going to go back through preseason pressers but I remembering either JD or Gorton being asked if playoffs was something expected for this year. To make it clear, I think it was wrong to answer “not necessarily “ or whatever the wording exactly was, especially how difficult it is to actually win once u get to the playoffs.

Words matter, and you're the one nitpicking JD words LOL!

Here's the quote.

Predictably, Davidson stopped short of a playoff mandate. He and Gorton will continue to preach growth and patience for what should be one of the youngest rosters in the NHL.

"That's what you set your sights on — to get into the big dance," Davidson said. "If we do that, that'll be really good for the organization for a number of different reasons."

"There's no question (the playoffs are) a goal," he added. "I personally feel that when you get into the build situation, you need to hang your hat on something when you’ve finished the season as you move forward to become a champion. And if this club — in this division — makes the playoffs, that'll be an accomplishment."

https://amp.lohud.com/amp/4108550001

All they're saying is the season isn't a failure if they don't make the playoffs, just because they went to the play in last year.

Here's the quote.

All they're saying is the season isn't a failure if they don't make the playoffs, just because they went to the play in last year.

Yeah, this whole construct is a bit of a straw man that some may - consciously or not, lol - actually want as a pass/fail grade for Quinn, since passing has always been an unlikelyoutcome.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Here's the quote.

And that's what I disagree with. I'm not seeing why my opinion is a big deal. I think if you stop short if saying you expect to play playoff hockey this year, you set the bar lower than necessary and it can sometimes reflect on the ice.

Didnt see this mentioned yet so

Rangers roll up their sleeves for COVID-19 vaccinations

New York Rangers

As the public health situation worsens for NHL teams located north of the border, another U.S.-based organization has reached the finish line — or at least a highly important checkpoint — in this pandemic season.

The New York Rangers apparently cancelled practice on Wednesday to allow players and staff members to roll up their sleeves for the COVID-19 vaccination.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-appears-the-rangers-are-rolling-up-their-sleeves-for-covid-19-vaccination-172821471.html

I have had my second shot and have notified the Rangers that I am available to sit in the press box and come down as an emergency goaltender, if necessary. I can also drive a Zamboni, respond to fan mail addressed to players, and perform many other miscellaneous tasks.

I have had my second shot and have notified the Rangers that I am available to sit in the press box and come down as an emergency goaltender, if necessary. I can also drive a Zamboni, respond to fan mail addressed to players, and perform many other miscellaneous tasks.

drive a zamboni? that gives me an idea

You just made DiGuiseppe, and Howden insignificant, Sod !!! :rofl: