• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin Taking Leave of Absence Amid 2011 Abuse Allegations; Political Hit Job?

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Russian player from the team will back up the claims of the coach. The hotel that the incident took place has no records of the situation that supposedly took place. https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/rangers-artemi-panarin-is-paying-the-price-for-speaking-out/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The willingness of so many Russians to dismiss this story as false gives me hope that this is just this bitter former coach acting out and trying to be relevant and hurt Panarin either because he tweeted against Putin or some other personal reason. This is obviously preferable to some state sanctioned slander, because it would mean his family is likely safe.

If Panarin is going there to get his family back here, we are probably talking about a good month or more. He can’t just literally fly there and throw them on a plane the following day. Then you’re also talking about a 2 week quarantine once he gets back here.

But the other thing, and admittedly I’m very naive to this, is if this is coming from a former coach to make Panarin look bad, what’s the exact connection to Putin directly? Are we thinking Putin himself is asking the coach to say this? I guess it’s possible since you know, Russia, but still.

If Panarin is going there to get his family back here, we are probably talking about a good month or more. He can’t just literally fly there and throw them on a plane the following day. Then you’re also talking about a 2 week quarantine once he gets back here.

But the other thing, and admittedly I’m very naive to this, is if this is coming from a former coach to make Panarin look bad, what’s the exact connection to Putin directly? Are we thinking Putin himself is asking the coach to say this? I guess it’s possible since you know, Russia, but still.

I doubt that, no. It's probably more so said coach looking to curry favor with Putin by disparaging someone who should fall in line like Ovie.

Artemi should of stuck to posting pics of his dog imo. Speaking out against Putin so vocally especially while he still had/has family over there wasn't very smart. Inevitably it was going to lead to trouble or worse for him/them. Well trouble arrived in this article even only if temporarily which would be the best case scenario now. As pointed out here you have the most popular russian player in the game here firmly secured to Putin's balls so it's not like the Russian players in the NHL are all going to rally behind him. Those players have too much to risk, this isn't a low stakes game with Putin and his regime who plays for keeps.

Now if this were to be a true story than they should cut ties with him entirely. He absolutely put himself in a tough spot here and I'm not sure what he thought he could accomplish. At the very very minimum now it's going to cost him some games away from the team while he fears for his family which has got to be freightening.

Doesn't he have to quarantine for him.to get back here

Panarin was an MVP.

Nemchinov won a Cup.

Zubov was a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah ummm I said they were good..

This isn't to say Panarin hasn't been good.

???

I'm saying they don't have luck with Russians. Something seems to go wrong with most. This dude is probably fearing for his life and his family. Not a great situation. As great as he's been as a Ranger... This isn't good and hopefully just goes away..

I doubt that, no. It's probably more so said coach looking to curry favor with Putin by disparaging someone who should fall in line like Ovie.

That’s what I was figuring. So why the time away from team? Has to have been so,egging else not being said like some sort of family threat

He still owns two places in Russia I believe and bought his grandparents and mom apartments next to each other in his home town I think

For anyone that wants to see his interview with subtitles it’s here. An hour long.

The Putin stuff starts mostly at 19 and change minutes. Goes on until around 35 or so minutes.

Some other stuff he talks about is that he drinks in the offseason, partied it up pretty good here and there during the offseason where his gf stays with her parents so he can nurse a hangover alone, regrets lying to some nhl teams in the past when he said he was taking English lessons but instead was playing PlayStation, and as kids in boarding school they used to steal wallets and phones to buy ice cream and chocolate lol.

He seems like a really down to earth guy. Even if you don’t want to watch it, I recommend everyone go to the 52:20 mark and just watch the last 7 minutes on why and how he ended up here. Very cool and it sounds like he 100% only wanted to play specifically for the Rangers even though he was getting better offers. Even names the team that his gf wanted him to choose that was offering more money (it’s not the Islanders). Very cool. I hope this all works out for him and I sincerely hope he isn’t out a long time. We need him. .

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/...ng-the-price-for-speaking-out/

I think the most important thing is this article is that Larry states that this didn't come from Putin. It was the ex-coach going rogue in an effort to suck the balls of Putin and the Russian hockey federation. If that's the case hopefully there's no real threat to Artemi or his family and this blows over way sooner than if Putin was directly or even indirectly involved.