• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin Taking Leave of Absence Amid 2011 Abuse Allegations; Political Hit Job?

Morphinity 2.0

Oh for fucks sake..........when are any of these athletes going to learn that on social media every pro athlete is bait for some version of “oh I’ll get this guy” if they are outspoken in any way. Just stay the hell away from social media. My god.
  • Like 1

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about this with my son the other day. He was asking about the Olympics and would Panarin play for the Russian team. I told him I doubted he would based on his political comments. There's no chance he can go back without worrying about retribution.

What can they actually do to him not allow him to leave the country and then throw him in prison ?

Oh for fucks sake..........when are any of these athletes going to learn that on social media every pro athlete is bait for some version of “oh I’ll get this guy” if they are outspoken in any way. Just stay the hell away from social media. My god.

"politics" is part of hockey since kids are 5 years old. They're so "above"/numb to that shit until its too late.

Just read this article.

https://www.kp.ru/daily/27243/4371047/

Sounds like something did happen, but blown out of proportion.

Article states, that Panarin people Bribed the police. So if this is true, then who ever got paid 40k in euro to dismiss everything is going to be in real trouble now.

Basically they are saying, you were born here, this is your country. Now you are in USA talking shit about the country that raised you.

Because of Panarins tweets, young people in Russia took streets and incited violence. Kind like Trump situation.

It’s his former coach that is telling the whole story, he sounds very pissed about Panarins political views. I wonder how much he got paid for this!

Complete hit job.

Even if it's true, we need the details around what really happened.

Complete hit job.

If you think you're gonna get anything resembling "truth" from Russian media about an event that may have happened 2011 in another country, you're dreaming LOL

If you think you're gonna get anything resembling "truth" from media about an event that may have happened, you're dreaming LOL

What can they actually do to him not allow him to leave the country and then throw him in prison ?

I'd worry about worse. The shit that goes on in Russia is frightening and hard to believe. Check out Phil's tweet from Mercagliano. There's a few of the larger scale examples listed there. Putin is the only authority in Russia. Anyone that speaks out publicly seems to end up dead.

I'd worry about worse. The shit that goes on in Russia is frightening and hard to believe. Check out Phil's tweet from Mercagliano. There's a few of the larger scale examples listed there. Putin is the only authority in Russia. Anyone that speaks out publicly seems to end up dead.

Pretty much. Watch 'Spycraft' on Netflix and there are basically no boundaries or rules, anything goes.

Complete hit job.

The details are as quoted by his former coach.

Panarin went to the bar with few jersey man after loosing a game in Latvia.

Panarin had few drinks and knocked out a girl with few punches.

Panarin asked journeyman from the team to drive him to hotel, but police came.

Panarin contacted his people with influence who agreed with local police to defuse the situation for 40l euro. Situation was defused.

This is an absolutely fabricated story.

The questions here are:

1. Why Panarin beat up the girl, no reasons are stated.

2. Why would Panarin ask a jersey an to take him to hotel, does jersey man own a car in Latvia?

3. The bribe took place in Latvia, so no repercussions here. They covered them selves.

That’s my thought too. I don’t want to get too dark about it but bad things happen to those who oppose Putin publicly. Most of whom don’t live to tell about it. Even if he’s not playing hockey, he needs to stay here.

Just read this article.

https://www.kp.ru/daily/27243/4371047/

Sounds like something did happen, but blown out of proportion.

Article states, that Panarin people Bribed the police. So if this is true, then who ever got paid 40k in euro to dismiss everything is going to be in real trouble now.

Basically they are saying, you were born here, this is your country. Now you are in USA talking shit about the country that raised you.

Because of Panarins tweets, young people in Russia took streets and incited violence. Kind like Trump situation.

It’s his former coach that is telling the whole story, he sounds very pissed about Panarins political views. I wonder how much he got paid for this!

Exactly like the Trump situation

Step out of line and you will be destroyed

Panarin contacted his people with influence who agreed with local police to defuse the situation for 40l euro. Situation was defused.

The questions here are:

2. Why would Panarin ask a jersey an to take him to hotel, does jersey man own a car in Latvia?

3. The bribe took place in Latvia, so no repercussions here. They covered them selves.

4, can Panarin beat up a girl?

The questions here are:

Well that's what I'm saying. If a girl walked up to him, slapped him and spit in his face, and he hit her back... What then?

Input from Washington Post Russian correspondent...

https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/status/1363873195087003653

-------------------------------------------------------

My guess is the leave of absence only lasts until he can get his family out of Russia.

Agree. He's probably taking time away to get them out.