• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign F Colin Blackwell to 2-Year/$1.45M Deal; $725K AAV

Phil

It's cool that almost all of these depth signings off the 'scrap heap' have come in and done such a good job and really, have been some of the Rangers best players. It's also not cool that almost all of these depth signings off the 'scrap heap' have come in and have been some of the Rangers best players.

So true, man!! :rofl:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
i dont. there's nothing in his game that this team needs.

Agree.

He's Jesper Fast - who (gasp) was very easily replaced by an absolute nobody in Blackwell.

If they address the teams issues properly this year, there won't be a need for him.

Agree.

He's Jesper Fast - who (gasp) was very easily replaced by an absolute nobody in Blackwell.

If they address the teams issues properly this year, there won't be a need for him.

Heh. The major concern over Fast leaving didn't age well. lol Their PK was just as good, if not better, without him.

Heh. The major concern over Fast leaving didn't age well. lol Their PK was just as good, if not better, without him.

Just like Blackwell, Fast is a 3rd/4th liner who can slot up in a disaster scenario. But if that player is up in the lineup, your team isn't very good.

Agree.

He's really not Fast. He's Fast-lite. But I agree — if you actually address the issues this summer, he won't matter.

Hopefully, they can find some chemistry with Kakko or Krav on the 2nd line in camp next year, because that's actually going to make this team dangerous.

A 3rd line center like Getzlaf would be a god send for them, I think.

Agree.

They certainly missed Fast in the room and in between their ears.

He's on my shopping list.

I know Anaheim has been really bad, but man, he's on a steep decline.

2017-18: 1.09 P/GP

2018-19: 0.72 P/GP

2019-20: 0.61 P/GP

2020-21: 0.35 P/GP

Feels like the right idea, but probably the wrong player. He's 36. How much is objectively left in his tank?

I know Anaheim has been really bad, but man, he's on a steep decline.

2017-18: 1.09 P/GP

2018-19: 0.72 P/GP

2019-20: 0.61 P/GP

2020-21: 0.35 P/GP

Feels like the right idea, but probably the wrong player. He's 36. How much is objectively left in his tank?

I mean Anaheim absolutely blows. For a 3rd/4th line center who's won a cup? I'm into it. Same as I was into Thornton and Chara and Perry. Cheap, two year deal. Why not?