• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Interested in Eichel?

Pete

Rangers Fans: Well of course Pittsburgh is good they were gifted Crosby and Malkin! When's the last time we had a #1 pick?

Also Rangers Fans: Trade the pick.

This is just a really silly conversation, especially because Kakko is not as advertised and will likely be a 60-70 point guy vs the 80-90 point guy some other teams get at #2.

Can't imagine from a franchise perspective why we would trade 10 peak years of Lafreniere for five peak years of Eichel.

Peak years are 23-28

We?d be getting the same amount of ?peak? from each

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers Fans: Well of course Pittsburgh is good they were gifted Crosby and Malkin! When's the last time we had a #1 pick?

This is just a really silly conversation, especially because Kakko is not as advertised and will likely be a 60-70 point guy vs the 80-90 point guy some other teams get at #2.

Can't imagine from a franchise perspective why we would trade 10 peak years of Lafreniere for five peak years of Eichel.

Agree with this

Hope you’re wrong on Kakko though. But if his 60-70 points is composed of 35+ goals, I’m good with that

This. I don't move the #1 pick. I would be fine moving on from Zib though, as mentioned earlier.

Again, even dumping the salary, for Buffalo, they would need young inexpensive players. Really hard to sell them on another savior when this one would be walking out on them. It would require Fox, Kakko, and probably then from there go to picks and and more prospects.

Eichel is a great player at a position that the NYR need, but he would be eating up a lot of cap. Could see a team strapped to Panarin and Eichel and a lot of ...well, not very good. You can forget any depth. And they have a Zib contract coming down the pike. Would be roughly what the Pens have had for the last few years with Corsby and Malkin and a cast of fill ins. If some of your young guys on ELCs and replacement level types work out, great. But would be bucking trends. That's not a good plan in the NHL right now.On the cusp of getting out from under cap hell and buyouts, NYR would then find themselves back there, along with losing cheap productive young players on ELCs and pre-free agency arbitration situations.

• 4 months later...

they can have our entire "1st line", 2 1st rounders, 2021 second, all 4 of this years 3rd & 4th. and that still wouldn't be enough, Rangers front picks the next 2 years will center searching anyways.

Buffalo likely would want someone to take Skinner along with 2/3 of his cap hit

• 2 weeks later...

My question is why are they "questioning his future"? Is it that he doesn't wanna play there, or is it that they don't think he's the answer for them at center???

If he doesn't wanna play in Buffalo, then I get it...but if his ability or effort is being questioned, I'd think again before making a deal like that. I'm sure Buffalo will want a ton in return...

I sincerely hope not. Winning teams don't trade for their franchise players. Eichel is pretty one dimensional. He has 8 more points than Zib and the same number of goals. That ain't worth Kakko, Laf or even Nils. We're losing because we're going, not because we don't have enough firepower.