• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Canucks "Exploring the Option" of Tradinig Brock Boeser to Relieve Salary Cap Crunch

Phil

I wonder what a package for Boeser would look like.

A total sniper with a shoot first mentality is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

Agree. Perfect RW replacement for Fast on the Panarin/Strome line.

Obviously Buch goes the other way, but then it gets tricky. Both the Rangers and the Canucks need cost controlled bottom 6 players and left side D.

Not sure there's a fit.

The Rangers don't have the cap room for Boeser. He's already at a 6M cap hit.

i dont see us fitting him. DeAngelo already needs a raise. and if Vancouver's motivations are to relieve their own cap issues, I can't really piece together any move that see's them getting that relief and a reasonably fair enough value, player quality wise, for Boeser.

i dont see us fitting him. DeAngelo already needs a raise. and if Vancouver's motivations are to relieve their own cap issues, I can't really piece together any move that see's them getting that relief and a reasonably fair enough value, player quality wise, for Boeser.
They have a hole on d, so they would need to trade Boeser to fill that hole. It's not about not having the money, it's about what they're spending it on.

tweet says they want to solve a cap crunch and they have literally 0 cap space at the moment

Cap Friendly has them literally with 30k left

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

They have a couple of guys coming off the books via UFA (but that includes Toffoli who they apparently want to sign) but other RFAs to sign as well. they need the space

I would 100% take Boeser here. I just don't see it fitting.