• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 | ECQR | New York Rangers (EC11) v. Carolina Hurricanes (EC6)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbus will have a fully healthy Seth Jones, and those guys are going to compete hard. They could very well beat Toronto.

Columbus has a great defensive and they'll benefit bigtime from returning injured players but I think I'd give the edge to Toronto's offense and well they're massively better in goal thanks to Andersen.

Columbus has a great defensive and they'll benefit bigtime from returning injured players but I think I'd give the edge to Toronto's offense and well they're massively better in goal thanks to Andersen.

Columbus will not be a pushover. By any means.

They’ll have Seth Jones back as stated. They’ll also be getting Atkinson and Bjorkstrand.

And get this. They have a real shot at Anderson being back too.

Had shoulder surgery in mid-December. 4-6 month recovery window. He could be there.

So with the two weeks quarantine for incoming overseas players, mini training camp or whatever, it's realistically going to be end of June/early July before we see the first game eh?

They said no camp before July 1. At earliest.

We are still 7 weeks from games.

Korpisalo and Merzlikins are both pretty good. I wouldn't remotely say that Andersen is massively better in goal.

They said no camp before July 1. At earliest.

We are still 7 weeks from games.

Phase 2, the six-man skates, begins "sometime in early June" so there's probably 3-4 weeks of pre-camp. Gives plenty of time for locals to get in to shape and for foreign players to make the trek over.

Columbus will not be a pushover. By any means.

They’ll have Seth Jones back as stated. They’ll also be getting Atkinson and Bjorkstrand.

And get this. They have a real shot at Anderson being back too.

Had shoulder surgery in mid-December. 4-6 month recovery window. He could be there.

Yeah I could definitely see that series going 5 games, I don't think it'll be one-sided. Should make for some entertaining hockey either way.

I think all teams would be happy to get through the first 2 games without any major injuries. It's different ramping from preseason to the start of the regular season. Essentially a preseason right to playoff intensity? Maybe around game 3 you'll start seeing reasonable hockey? At which point it really is a short series. Expecting better hockey after a crapshoot first round.

Rangers gonna be the first team ever to win the stanley cup and the 1st overall the same year.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Would that even be possible?

The only teams in the lottery are the 7 worst + the losers in the play-in round. So in the unlikely scenario where the Rangers catch fire and win the Cup, their own pick is obviously not a lottery pick.

You then get the worst pick of either Canes or Leafs. If they both lose in the play-in, both are lottery picks. The only way this is possible in theory is if the pick they get is awarded pre-lottery. Will it be?

Even if it is, the worst of those 2 picks will most likely be in the 13-15 range, with a 1 to 2% chance of getting number one.

The only teams in the lottery are the 7 worst + the losers in the play-in round. So in the unlikely scenario where the Rangers catch fire and win the Cup, their own pick is obviously not a lottery pick.

You then get the worst pick of either Canes or Leafs. If they both lose in the play-in, both are lottery picks. The only way this is possible in theory is if the pick they get is awarded pre-lottery. Will it be?

Even if it is, the worst of those 2 picks will most likely be in the 13-15 range, with a 1 to 2% chance of getting number one.

If pick #1 and #2 or #3 gets awarded to the losers in the play-in and Toronto & Carolina loses the play-in. Toronto?s pick is lottery protected, so if they get #2 or #3 they get it back. Carolina owe us one pick this draft and its not lottery protected, so if they win the second lottery between the play-in losers, Rangers get the 1st overall. Easy :)

I guess its like a 0,001% chance of happening, but I?ll take it lol.

Rangers gonna be the first team ever to win the stanley cup and the 1st overall the same year.

In 1969, the Habs won the Cup and got the first pick under some dubious arrangement that gave them first dibs on French Canadian players. In 1971, they won the cup and had the first pick that they had got in a trade with Oakland (Guy LeFleur). The fix was in, as Montreal made a sweetheart deal with the Kings to assure that the Kings finished ahead of Oakland in the standings. Back in the late 50s, a big banner was unfurled at MSG that said "The Whole World Hates Montreal." You can see why.

If we win the cup.. I'd settle for 13-15 range