• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The State Of Rock Music

NYR2711

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to 80s on 8 or 90’s on 9. Music of my youth. Not often though cause I listen to Howard Stern most of the time

My version of this is PopRocks on channel 17. There is a lot of garbage on there, a lot of which is mentioned in this thread, but there is also a lot of 90s and early 00s gold in there. A lot of which is also on 90s on 9 and Lithium as well. I just think having it all in one place gives it a different feeling.

My version of this is PopRocks on channel 17. There is a lot of garbage on there, a lot of which is mentioned in this thread, but there is also a lot of 90s and early 00s gold in there. A lot of which is also on 90s on 9 and Lithium as well. I just think having it all in one place gives it a different feeling.

To add to this...My wife and I found this station while driving home from Hershey, PA this past summer(we've had Sirius for several years so idk how I missed it all that time lol). I am in my mid 30s, hearing some to most of the music on this station gave me an epiphany. It just totally jogs my memory to my teenage years, it is such a cool feeling. I imagine this is how my parents feel when they listen to their music from their time. I know we have lots of members here both in my generation as well as older so I hope this strikes a tone with others on here of both age groups.

Seriously. Thank fucking goodness for Sirius because the only remotely decent rock station near me is 94.3 Shark...and it is not that good. The music isn't bad but they play the same 35-40 songs over and over and over and over.

Right. It's basically K-Rock's highlights on repeat.

Also, re: music in general.

Good music exists out there. You have to put yourself in a place to find it. Using FM radio that caters to the masses isn't usually that place.

Also correct.

"ROCK" died after the Van Halen / hair band days. And that was pushing it. Most everything after was crap rap and bad attempts or bad attempted twists on the rock formula IF kids even TRIED to learn an actual instrument without all the electronic / computer driven assistance. Shit, even the punks in the 70's / 80's were better musicians than the shit out today.

"ROCK" died after the Van Halen / hair band days. And that was pushing it. Most everything after was crap rap and bad attempts or bad attempted twists on the rock formula IF kids even TRIED to learn an actual instrument without all the electronic / computer driven assistance. Shit, even the punks in the 70's / 80's were better musicians than the shit out today.
Okay, Boomer.