• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 NHL Trade Deadline: Kreid or Die ? Maybe Both?

Phil

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Zibanejad is making a statement after games with regard to Kreider? And does it move the needle, if only by a small percentage? He seemed aggrievated when Zucc left last year and he will be more upset if Kreider goes. They all say it's a business but players are obviously affected differently depending on the player.

Does anyone else think Zibanejad is making a statement after games with regard to Kreider? And does it move the needle, if only by a small percentage? He seemed aggrievated when Zucc left last year and he will be more upset if Kreider goes. They all say it's a business but players are obviously affected differently depending on the player.

What is he doing that he normally doesn't? They've always been close.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/brady-skjei-trade-for-vincent-trocheck-solves-both-rangers-and-panthers-needs/.

It's coming from Friedman, so I don't know how reputable this is.. Love Trocheck, but is he a fit? Do they need a center? I'd rather find a wing or two. But I do that trade just to do it. Wasn't aware that Skjei has a NMC about to kick in.

Opinions?

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/brady-skjei-trade-for-vincent-trocheck-solves-both-rangers-and-panthers-needs/.

It's coming from Friedman, so I don't know how reputable this is.. Love Trocheck, but is he a fit? Do they need a center? I'd rather find a wing or two. But I do that trade just to do it. Wasn't aware that Skjei has a NMC about to kick in.

Opinions?

Trocheck is a fit for sure. Good player too - he can play wing or C.

Hard to move skjei without a plan for the left side, though.

Trocheck is a fit for sure. Good player too - he can play wing or C.

Hard to move skjei without a plan for the left side, though.

I say Lindgren replaces him easily and you have Hajek, Rykov, Keane to fill in Lindgrens current spot. Gotta make room for the other kids like Miller, Lundkvist, Jones and so on.. Obviously they drop Staal and Smith after next season, but if you can get value for someone that looks to be replaceable from within, you have to do it.

IMO dealing Skjei for a forward is a must do, because I see no other match that I'd be willing to deal. I keep DeAngelo over Skjei. Maybe flop DeAngelo in a year or two if these prospects look like they are better fits both cap wise and roster wise.

If Trocheck can play wing. Let's do it. Unless people think there's a better get available.

Let's be clear... Skjei for Trocek did not come from Friedman.

Trocek being available did. Then a blog doubled down on their own unsourced tweet that Rangers would explore moving Skjei and tried to connect some dots.

That said, I wouldn't mind that trade but Trocek is a risk. Hasn't been the same player after his injury.

I'd pass on Skjei for Trocheck unless they are also trading Strome in another deal. If not, why would the Rangers trade a 2nd pairing defenseman for a center when you have Zib/Strome/Chytil? Not connecting the dots there. The bigger needs moving forward: 1LD, 1RW, 2LW (if they trade Kreider). A trade involving Skjei should help with one of those positions.

I'd pass on Skjei for Trocheck unless they are also trading Strome in another deal. If not, why would the Rangers trade a 2nd pairing defenseman for a center when you have Zib/Strome/Chytil? Not connecting the dots there. The bigger needs moving forward: 1LD, 1RW, 2LW (if they trade Kreider). A trade involving Skjei should help with one of those positions.
In that scenario, Chytil moves to wing (where he may be better) and either Trochek or Strome are 3C.

If he can play wing, isn't he a fit? Does Chytil work on the wing? Strome? Trocheck is good at faceoffs.. Some people here aren't into Strome for some reason. What else is out there? Maybe they trade Hoffman with Tippet? They need the cap space to take Skjei. Would they take Smith/Staal for Hoffman?

Do they really need this 1LD that people are suggesting? They have a few potentially down the pipe and can get away with using what's in house for now to pair with Trouba. I have zero problem giving Lindgren Skjeis spot, and calling up Hajek/Rykov/ Keane and so on to backfill for the next season and a half. I'm really surprised at how little respect Lindgren has gotten around here. Kids a stud and is gritty AF.

If he can play wing, isn't he a fit? Does Chytil work on the wing? Strome? Trocheck is good at faceoffs.. Some people here aren't into Strome for some reason. What else is out there? Maybe they trade Hoffman with Tippet? They need the cap space to take Skjei. Would they take Smith/Staal for Hoffman?

Do they really need this 1LD that people are suggesting? They have a few potentially down the pipe and can get away with using what's in house for now to pair with Trouba. I have zero problem giving Lindgren Skjeis spot, and calling up Hajek/Rykov/ Keane and so on to backfill for the next season and a half. I'm really surprised at how little respect Lindgren has gotten around here. Kids a stud and is gritty AF.

Absolutely. I think it's the one major hole on this team that doesn't have anyone in the pipeline who is close, or maybe even capable, of filling it (Miller? 4, 5 years?). They can't wait that long and waste Panarin and Zibanejad. Agreed on Lindgren. He looks to be a capable second pairing to fill Skjei's spot there.

Perfectly fine trading Skjei. Just want the right return. Don't want to move guys out of their natural positions to make it work.

So with the Devil's getting a 1st and a decent prospect for a scrub like Coleman, can we stop hearing about how little the Rangers can get back for Kreider?

If Coleman is worth that, even as a non rental, Kreider has to fetch a 1st and a high end prospect...period. No more 1st and throw in prospects talk.

So with the Devil's getting a 1st and a decent prospect for a scrub like Coleman, can we stop hearing about how little the Rangers can get back for Kreider?

If Coleman is worth that, even as a non rental, Kreider has to fetch a 1st and a high end prospect...period. No more 1st and throw in prospects talk.

Obviously you acknowledged it, but Coleman having term left and carrying a cap hit of less than 2 million is a big factor in his return.

And I wouldn’t call Coleman a scrub. He’s now a proven 20-goal guy on a bad team all while getting like 60% of his starts in the D zone.

Foote is a nice prospect. He’s probably at least another 1-2 seasons away from NHL and probably won’t make an impact for 4-5 seasons, but he has the tools and the pedigree to be a good quality NHL D. He’s not an A-level elite guy, but he’s definitely in the group right below that. Still only 19 and in his first year post-draft year.