• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kreider might take 6 years instead of 7 if he really wants to stay here. I see zero chance he would also accept anything lower than the $6.5m/$7m range per. This is his only chance to hit the big pay day in his career and with the way he is playing there will be teams lining up to give it to him. Also New York is an awful spot from a tax perspective.

As cap goes up, the salaries does too. 1 mill pr 10 points does not work anymore. Do you see p/pg players signing for 8m?

Kreids could be sniffing at 8m in the open market if he keeps his pace this season. Some team will overpay for a career year (looking at you Rangers).

Lets say he can get 7x7.25, anything under 6m would be too much of a discount. Honestly dont think there?s a chance he signs for under 6.5m and then he would demand ATLEAST 5 years.

6.5x5 could work, but then he needs to take a huge discount AND we still need to trade someone else to make room for it. Its just too much investment in Kreider. Trade him for a 1st and a prospect, keep the cap space and player(s) we would need to trade to make room for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

I understand the fear of giving him a huge contract but Kreider is the type of players that’s so hard to replace what he brings. Plus the return is not gonna be great since the Bruins and Blues seem to be the top suitors which means we are getting a very late first rounder and a ok prospect, which doesn’t excite me. I do think Kreider would take a little less and I feel he keeps himself in such great shape that he won’t break down. If we got a lottery pick like the Devils did with Hall then I would be more for it but the fact that return won’t be great and the fact that he is so hard to replace makes me hopeful something can get done and he can stay

I understand the fear of giving him a huge contract but Kreider is the type of players that’s so hard to replace what he brings.

This gets thrown around so often but I feel it's never actually supported well. What is it that he brings that's so irreplaceable? Okay, he's fast. So was Grabner. So was Hagelin. He's not nearly as physical of a player as he was five years ago. He doesn't offer much in terms of a two-way game. He's not a prolific scorer.

I don't know if camaraderie and a net-front presence are qualities deserving of $7M salary.

Plus the return is not gonna be great since the Bruins and Blues seem to be the top suitors which means we are getting a very late first rounder and a ok prospect, which doesn’t excite me.

Both the Blues and Bruins have prospects or young NHL players that would make for very good returns on Kreider. He's the top player available on the market. I'm not too concerned on the return.

I believe any player can be replaced....we're going to have to get used to this moving forward. We can't keep Kreider, and that's the bottom line. Days of "team friendly" contracts....especially for guys like this, where he gets hot for a contract year, after starting the season in "Sleep mode", are pretty much not gonna happen.

Even a "team friendly" contract, or what's being discussed in these recent posts, simply just won't fit.

We have young pieces to this equation that need to be signed: Lemeuix, and arguably ADA, and Strome...maybe even Fast.

What Kreider brings back is going to be fuel for the future core of this team, and I just don't think Kreider, 3 or 4 years down the road, is going to be a "core piece"...not even close. He'll be a buy out candidate. He possesses a perishable skill; Speed -which is his primary asset. He doesn't use his size as well as he should, and his board work needs serious improvement. He plays small, and his shot is moderately poor at best. I don't even wanna get into his defensive play, because it's not even remotely close to his strength.

...and as far as leadership; Back in 1991 we went out in Free agency and brought in guy to be a leader.

After next season, when Shatty's, Hank's, Staal's, and Smith's cap hits are done, we can even go out and get another Panarin or whatever we need for progression.

The future Top 10 core of this team in my eyes is going to be:

Trouba

Panarin

Zibby

Fox

Kakko

Kravtsov

Lemeiux

Howden

Lindgren

Shesterkin

We'll be adding rookies like K'Andre Miller, and others along the way to this. But that's a heck of a core to start with in my estimation. Kreider is a disappearing act in progress. I don't believe the smoke show...when that smoke clears, the REAL Kreider will show...or NO-SHOW in this case.

If the Rangers go and re-sign Kreider to a 7x7 deal, I'm seriously going to have one of Psychiatrist buddies schedule an appointment with Gorton and JD!!!

I believe any player can be replaced....we're going to have to get used to this moving forward. We can't keep Kreider, and that's the bottom line. Days of "team friendly" contracts....especially for guys like this, where he gets hot for a contract year, after starting the season in "Sleep mode", are pretty much not gonna happen.

Even a "team friendly" contract, or what's being discussed in these recent posts, simply just won't fit.

We have young pieces to this equation that need to be signed: Lemeuix, and arguably ADA, and Strome...maybe even Fast.

What Kreider brings back is going to be fuel for the future core of this team, and I just don't think Kreider, 3 or 4 years down the road, is going to be a "core piece"...not even close. He'll be a buy out candidate. He possesses a perishable skill; Speed -which is his primary asset. He doesn't use his size as well as he should, and his board work needs serious improvement. He plays small, and his shot is moderately poor at best. I don't even wanna get into his defensive play, because it's not even remotely close to his strength.

...and as far as leadership; Back in 1991 we went out in Free agency and brought in guy to be a leader.

After next season, when Shatty's, Hank's, Staal's, and Smith's cap hits are done, we can even go out and get another Panarin or whatever we need for progression.

The future Top 10 core of this team in my eyes is going to be:

Trouba

Panarin

Zibby

Fox

Kakko

Kravtsov

Lemeiux

Howden

Lindgren

Shesterkin

We'll be adding rookies like K'Andre Miller, and others along the way to this. But that's a heck of a core to start with in my estimation. Kreider is a disappearing act in progress. I don't believe the smoke show...when that smoke clears, the REAL Kreider will show...or NO-SHOW in this case.

If the Rangers go and re-sign Kreider to a 7x7 deal, I'm seriously going to have one of Psychiatrist buddies schedule an appointment with Gorton and JD!!!

I gotta be honest - I agree with most of this, but if we're considering Lemieux, Howden, and Lindgren as core pieces - those are the core pieces you're looking to upgrade on here. All serviceable, nobody core.

I gotta be honest - I agree with most of this, but if we're considering Lemieux, Howden, and Lindgren as core pieces - those are the core pieces you're looking to upgrade on here. All serviceable, nobody core.

That's just now...it will most likely change, but the point is there for the loss of Kreider. ;)

If we ended up fading and decided to be sellers, I wonder what approaching a hockey trade of Kreider+ for Forsberg in NSH. They aren't far from a playoff spot, we would get our immediate replacement with a 6m cap hit for a few more years.

Might have to be something along the lines of Kreider + ADA for Forsberg and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if either player re-signs for them. Forsberg has shown the potential to take that next step but he's never 100% gotten there without regressing soon there after.

If we ended up fading and decided to be sellers, I wonder what approaching a hockey trade of Kreider+ for Forsberg in NSH. They aren't far from a playoff spot, we would get our immediate replacement with a 6m cap hit for a few more years.

Might have to be something along the lines of Kreider + ADA for Forsberg and a 2nd that becomes a 1st if either player re-signs for them. Forsberg has shown the potential to take that next step but he's never 100% gotten there without regressing soon there after.

i'd like to think ADA alone would bring back a young stud. There aren't that many young scoring defensemen out there that could be available.

i'd like to think ADA alone would bring back a young stud. There aren't that many young scoring defensemen out there that could be available.

i agree but i just dont hear the chatter around the league praising his offense total. He's weirdly under the radar.

We see the points, and that's tremendous...but his defensive liability is "clear and present danger" for a playoff team. I think ADA's big value to a playoff team is his PP potential. I could understand that may be limiting his value a touch.

This gets thrown around so often but I feel it's never actually supported well. What is it that he brings that's so irreplaceable? Okay, he's fast. So was Grabner. So was Hagelin. He's not nearly as physical of a player as he was five years ago. He doesn't offer much in terms of a two-way game. He's not a prolific scorer.

I don't know if camaraderie and a net-front presence are qualities deserving of $7M salary.

Both the Blues and Bruins have prospects or young NHL players that would make for very good returns on Kreider. He's the top player available on the market. I'm not too concerned on the return.

but they didnt come with his size and strength ,plus he is a better offensive player then they were