• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call D Joey Keane

Phil

We have Defenseman that have big shots...that's fine with me, Drew. We need another guy that can play the position well. I figure, we have a lot of offensive power, and if this kid can feed the cross point with a good pass, we don't need a big blast. Besides, how many of those big shots have actually hit the net??

It's easier to stand in front of an average shot and deflect it, or get the "reebie" :thumbs:

A shot doesn't need to be hard to be threatening. Take Adam Fox for instance.

I'm going off of what I've watched in Hartford this season. Keane has been simple yet effective. I think Rykov and Ebert have made flashier offensive plays, but don't have Keane's overall skillset. He'll rack up more assists than goals because his shot isn't threatening.
Sounds like Quinn's kinda guy. Do you get the AHL tv package? I may see if the have a playoff deal. Would be fun to see more of the kids.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sounds like Quinn's kinda guy. Do you get the AHL tv package? I may see if the have a playoff deal. Would be fun to see more of the kids.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yep. It's very much worth it now that they've lowered the price. There's typically a playoff deal so that shouldn't be an issue.