• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Call D Joey Keane

Phil

Cool, will be interesting to see him play.

Would make sense to have him on the right side of Skjei as he?s (unfortunately) our best and most experienced left D.

Have he played with Lindgren before or am I confusing him with someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I wanted to see this kid, but not at the expense of ADA.

I can't find anything on ADA anywhere....no injury listed...even on the fantasy websites. I can't find a trace of anything.

Maybe they just sit Smith and Staal, with his "flu", and play Keane. That would be the best case!!!

I was next to the entry way last night. Late in third, ADA left the bench with trainer and flexed in entry way for a minute or two. Couldn't really tell what was ailing him.

On the replay it looked like his left shoulder, but it could be anything the way he went down; could be a hip or maybe he got the flu from kissing Marc Staal in the dressing room, and had a case of the Hershey Squirts. :rofl:

He has some physicality. I also wouldn't really call him offensive. He has offensive skills but he's nothing like ADA or Fox. He's just a pretty good passer and skater. Makes more simple plays than anything.
He had 4 goals in October, so was off to a hot start and has cooled since (.58 ppg). Mercogliano did a story on him a couple weeks ago and Knoblauch said he was not concerned about the drop-off because he was focusing on D and doing well. 2nd team all-star for a 20 year old 3rd rounder? So far, so good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He had 4 goals in October, so was off to a hot start and has cooled since (.58 ppg). Mercogliano did a story on him a couple weeks ago and Knoblauch said he was not concerned about the drop-off because he was focusing on D and doing well. 2nd team all-star for a 20 year old 3rd rounder? So far, so good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm going off of what I've watched in Hartford this season. Keane has been simple yet effective. I think Rykov and Ebert have made flashier offensive plays, but don't have Keane's overall skillset. He'll rack up more assists than goals because his shot isn't threatening.

I'm going off of what I've watched in Hartford this season. Keane has been simple yet effective. I think Rykov and Ebert have made flashier offensive plays, but don't have Keane's overall skillset. He'll rack up more assists than goals because his shot isn't threatening.

We have Defenseman that have big shots...that's fine with me, Drew. We need another guy that can play the position well. I figure, we have a lot of offensive power, and if this kid can feed the cross point with a good pass, we don't need a big blast. Besides, how many of those big shots have actually hit the net??

It's easier to stand in front of an average shot and deflect it, or get the "reebie" :thumbs: