Page 1 of 232 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars: Appreciation, Salivation, Hopes and Dreams

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect

Cars: Appreciation, Salivation, Hopes and Dreams

If you like cars, oh hey, post about it here. I like the big news (Toyota/Subaru FT-86 concept) and the small news (Civic gets a refresh). I always joke with my parents about getting that new car, though it might actually happen over the summer. Car news? Awesome concept pics? I never really got a gauge of who liked cars in the old place.

I wonder if Subaru keeps the concept the way it is (RWD) or will switch it to the usual AWD setup that makes a Subaru a Subaru

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect

love my car

Can't see the picture

I'm not the biggest fan of my car, but it gets me from A to B and it'll always be my first car

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    mines not working..but this is close to mine

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Want one of these sooo bad!

Boom BSBH Prospect
    cant wait to go home for spring break so I can drive again. Love driving more than a lot of things in this world

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    I love my car.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Ever since Friday night, I hate Landrovers. One dbag driving one tailgated my ass then almost ran me off the road on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    If you like cars, oh hey, post about it here. I like the big news (Toyota/Subaru FT-86 concept) and the small news (Civic gets a refresh). I always joke with my parents about getting that new car, though it might actually happen over the summer.

I wonder if Subaru keeps the concept the way it is (RWD) or will switch it to the usual AWD setup that makes a Subaru a Subaru
    That damn Subaru Toyota concept has been looming for years. Annoying!

I have the same car as Erik

🔴⚪️🔵 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by viventi View Post
    That damn Subaru Toyota concept has been looming for years. Annoying!

I have the same car as Erik

Mine fo real

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    love my Hemi Grand Cherokee. Fast as all hell for an SUV

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    love my Hemi Grand Cherokee. Fast as all hell for an SUV

Beautiful. That model? Same interior?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Whiskey Girl Midget Division BleedzNYRBlue's Avatar
    I love my Hemi, too. It can take the abuse from my lead foot. LOL
    Hidden Content
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall...What the #&*@ happened??

Banned Midget Division Greggy Gloom's Avatar
    Still sharing my parents cars. Getting annoying now. Need my own. My dad works for a dealership but I don't have that much money. Every used car he gets is either too expensive or a complete piece of shit, like when I went to test drive one and the door came off in my hand. I was in Pennsylvania with a friend this summer and had the chance to buy an immaculate 1979 Ford F100 for $900. My dad gave me shit because we have a lot of problems with our 2002 and he thought I was nuts to buy a 31 year old truck. Biggest regret of my life up to this point. I still lose sleep over it when my mind drifts late at night.

Really wanted a truck badly but with gas climbing, I'm starting to rethink that. I will take anything at this point. Keep scanning Craiglist, but I don't trust it as far as I can spit.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Had this:

It blew up, and now that I'm a family man I bought a Pontiac Montana instead of fixing my first love.
    I'm buying a new (old) one in the next month, for commuting, I'll post pics when I do, should be a beauty! LOL!

Once college and where I'm transferring to school gets all settled in the next month, I might be looking at a new set of wheels If I end up in Buffalo, who knows. Probably a used Impreza or Legacy for the AWD and the reliability. Those things are built great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    Once college and where I'm transferring to school gets all settled in the next month, I might be looking at a new set of wheels If I end up in Buffalo, who knows. Probably a used Impreza or Legacy for the AWD and the reliability. Those things are built great.
    Two of my friends got Subies recently, one an '11 STI sedan and one a '10 WRX hatch...I'm slowly falling in love with them. I just can't bring myself to buy a 4 door car again just yet.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome Wasn't Built in a Day View Post
    Beautiful. That model? Same interior?
    that actually is my car. It was the advertisement from the dealer before i bought it.
    09 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi with saddle brown premium leather. Have that and an 05 Saabaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by viventi View Post
    Two of my friends got Subies recently, one an '11 STI sedan and one a '10 WRX hatch...I'm slowly falling in love with them. I just can't bring myself to buy a 4 door car again just yet.
    The one thing I strongly dislike about Suby's is the 4-speed automatic. My parents won't go for me getting a stick which is frustrating, but I'd really like to have a car with one. If auto is the only option, I'm not going to get an Impreza. If I need to go bang for the buck, I'd look into a used Legacy.

Before you all judge, another option is the Kia Forte Koup. The fact of the matter is that it's relatively cheap to get with a 6-speed auto, the best power output in its class (173), navigation, sunroof, leather etc etc all the nice stuff. Of course on getting it I'd de-badge every single Kia and Forte logo Maybe I'll leave 'Koup', but that's it. I know it's a Kia, but it has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty which is damn hard to beat. In the same-ish segment and price range would be the Scion tC, though it looks less aggressive and doesn't have the same warranty (it is about $1,000) cheaper.

Basically, I really just want an upgrade from my Civic. I hate driving it on highways, honestly. Because I love driving so much, it's kind of just a disappointment every time I take it out.

Page 1 of 232 1231151101 ... LastLast