Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778
Results 1,541 to 1,556 of 1556

Thread: Introduction Thread [New Members Start Here]

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    You won't find anyone here more obsessed with the way players look than Phil.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    It's not obsession. It's an active avoidance of ugly.

Sopel, Ovechkin, Manbearpig, Methface Kessel. Whomever. If i can avoid not looking at them, I will. Eichel joined that list the day I saw his first photo. That curly ginger fro ain' helpin' either.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Oh, god, and Frankenstein Kopitar! WOOF!
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Hi people

I've just started watching NHL over the last couple of months and i've chosen New York Rangers as my team to follow (mainly because when i do eventually travel to america, new york will be my destination) and i also love the style of the jersey, I live in england and i'm a supporter of Manchester United.

Who are currently our main/star players?
    when does the new season start? october?
    How does the transfer system of players work?
    what would be best way to learn the rules of hockey?
    anything else i should know about following new york rangers?

cheers

//reported Junior Division
    Welcome! The offseason will be fun to watch in terms of what we do with our "stars" and whether any of them get traded.

Season starts in October, yeah.

Not sure I understand what you mean by transfer of players. Trades? And minor league acquisitions?

Watching the game is probably the easiest way to learn. Biggies are icing, offsides, and the various penalties which lead to power plays and penalty kills.

Be ready to endure lots of heartache being a Rangers fan.

And welcome to the site!

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinC85 View Post
    Hi people

I've just started watching NHL over the last couple of months and i've chosen New York Rangers as my team to follow (mainly because when i do eventually travel to america, new york will be my destination) and i also love the style of the jersey, I live in england and i'm a supporter of Manchester United.

Who are currently our main/star players?
    when does the new season start? october?
    How does the transfer system of players work?
    what would be best way to learn the rules of hockey?
    anything else i should know about following new york rangers?

cheers
    Welcome! ... from another English bloke.
    It's a great team to be a fan of but like phillyb said, get ready "to endure lots of heartache being a Rangers fan. "

There's really only one cup that matters, the Stanley Cup and the rest is window dressing. ... especially the meaningless President's Trophy, which should be renamed the kissing your sister trophy.

Coming from the UK, winning the league -- having the most points at the end of the season in Division One (yeah I date myself) that was a real feat -- the mutts nuts, but in hockey it don't mean diddly squat.

One other thing, team turnover of players can be surprisingly high some years, so be ready to root for the name on the front of the jersey and not the back, so much, as your favorite player could be gone in a flash. Trading is very important in the NHL because of the salary cap.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    Hi everyone, I've jumped into posting here but I've never quite come around to introducing myself. I'm Nick, and I became a Ranger fan (and a hockey fan in general) after watching a double OT game (don't remember which) between the Rangers and Kings during the Final in 2014. Even though the Rangers lost,I knew then there was something special about this sport, special enough for someone who was disinclined towards sports as a whole to gravitate towards. I also started lurking around this forum, as no one in my family really likes hockey. I try to watch every game, and discovered what many long-time fans here already know about heartbreak in 2015 in losing to Tampa at home. This sport helped me get through some tough times in college and kept me motivated to succeed. I'm not sure where I'm headed now post-college, but at least I'll have the Rangers and all the emotion of the Ranger fanbase to keep me grounded knowing there's always a better time ahead, even if it's 54 years in the making!

P.S. - Also, my username is a bit of an inside joke; technically, I was alive in 1994 but wasn't able to see the Rangers win the Cup. Now, 22 years later, I want to understand that experience, although maybe it's similar enough being a Jets fan!

Senior Member Squirt Division deejaid's Avatar
    I'm a Hershey PA transplant living in the Bay Area California for the last 18 years. Grew up loving the Hershey Bears, going to games every Saturday night. Saw live hockey before I ever saw a game on tv, which was the Miracle on Ice game in 1980. Then started watching Flyers games on Philly 29 with Gene Hart announcing and the Flyers wearing those God-awful CooperAll pants. One of the NHL first games I saw on tv was Flyers/Rangers. When I saw the Rangers with their Team USA colors I said "that's my team" and have been a fan ever since.

Unfortunately I entered basic training on June 9th 1994 so I missed seeing the Rangers winning the cup as well as the OJ low speed chase, so I'm ready for another Cup, one I can see happen live.

I miss east coast sports, especially New York and Philly as fans in the Bay Area, mostly Giants and Sharks fans can't criticize their own team, like they won't be allowed to be fans anymore if the admit Nate Scherholtz or Mervin Bernard suck.

Anyway, it's good to talk hockey here instead of with fucking Sharks fans.

Oh, and my names Jay, and before I cut my hair and mustache I looked exactly like Dr. Johnny Fever from WKRP in Cincinnati, hence the avatar.

Hi I'm Cooper and the Rangers power play gives me daily headaches.

gangsta member Junior Division
    you've come to the right place then

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhyrangers View Post
    "SHOOOOOOOOT"

//reported Junior Division
    Lol, welcome Cooper.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhyrangers View Post
    D.B. Cooper ? Glad you landed safely here welcome.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Where's the money?????

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Where's the money?????

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain
    Girardi and Staal have it.
    Hidden Content