Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fashion Thread

Senior Member Midget Division
    Yeah probably for you guys in the city. For me it's a 30 minute drive to poughkeepsie. And I hate the mall. I don't like trying stuff on there anyways. Zappos I throw it back in be box print it out and drop it off next door to where I work. So much easier. For me anyways.
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

The*
    ‎"...the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of Party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it... It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the Government itself through the channels of party passions."
    -George Washington
    Hidden Content

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Getting a pair of brown/caramel shoes is a good investment. They look a lot better with lighter colored pants than black shoes
    Yeah exactly. I see a lot of people wearing those colors with dark pants too. Thinking of just going brown/caramel all the time. Lighter colors are nicer these days in my opinion anyway.

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I usually match socks to pants. I used to only have black shoes, but I had to buy new ones, and when I was at the outlets in Deer Park, they were running a special of buy one get one half price, so I was able to get a black and brown pair for under $100. I love the outlets for my cloths. I love Van Heusen in the outlets. You can get everything there real cheap, and its good quality. I also started shopping at Kohls for some stuff. Ed, if you want a good deal on suits, try Karako's, they usually have buy one get one free or they give you the shirt socks and tie for a suit. They also do the tailoring there for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Gilt.com is a great site for clothes too
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

They have some pretty nice brownish shoes there.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Anyone heard of Jack threads? I'm on their email list and they have nice stuff for cheap but haven't bought anything

Senior Member Junior Division
    Gilt is probably the best place to shop online if you want a variety of high-quality stuff. They have a ton of great deals if you wait long enough. The only thing is you have to be quick because a lot of the good stuff is gone in minutes (sometimes in seconds). So far I got a few Ledbury dress shirts off of there and a nice Fjallraven jacket all for at least 50% of retail (still wasn't that cheap though).

For dress shirts - the best cheap ones are probably from J Crew. Just wait until they have a sale and stock up. They're just flat out better quality than stuff costing anywhere near the same amount. I did have to add darts to the back of mine though because they were a little too baggy at the waist. Otherwise I like the Bar III dress shirts from Macy's. They're surprisingly decent quality, fit well and dirt cheap when you use the various coupons they send you. I own one of their suits also and it's nice for the price I paid

Also NYRangers92, get some black or brown shoes immediately lol. I have no idea where you even found blue dress shoes. I would save up and buy something nice like a pair of Allen Edmonds (Park Avenue). Cheap shoes are not worth it... they start looking like shit in less than a year and you have to go and buy another pair. Plus, cheap shoes look like cheap shoes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    Anyone heard of Jack threads? I'm on their email list and they have nice stuff for cheap but haven't bought anything
    Its all shit clothes

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    I don't even worry if my socks match each other. Should I even be in this thread?
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Myusername View Post

Also NYRangers92, get some black or brown shoes immediately lol. I have no idea where you even found blue dress shoes. I would save up and buy something nice like a pair of Allen Edmonds (Park Avenue). Cheap shoes are not worth it... they start looking like shit in less than a year and you have to go and buy another pair. Plus, cheap shoes look like cheap shoes
    Dsw lol

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    I don't even worry if my socks match each other. Should I even be in this thread?
    Did find for "sleeveless", came up empty. I think I should leave with you.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NoControl View Post
    My gf's 15 year old sister is the same way. It's a phase, you'll grow out of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BSBH Prospect
    If you want good shoes on the affordable side go to a Cole Haan outlet

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Junior Division
    I despise dress clothes to the extreme, anytime I have to wear a suit or even a jacket I want to puke my guts out...don't know if this has anything to do with the threat but there you go...

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    I wear casual stuff most days, but have to wear a suit for work. My fashion thing is shoes. I have about 15 pair of them.

Sneakers, boots, dress shoes, dress boots. It's a little too much, maybe.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I hate having to wear "business attire". I love going into work in jeans and a tee shirt and changing into my uniform there. I hate going to court, especially in the summer and having to wear slacks and a dress shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    If you want good shoes on the affordable side go to a Cole Haan outlet
    Might do this. I've been looking for a nice pair of browns, but really hate Macys and their selections.

I may be into fashion way more than any straight man not named Sean Avery. I have several slim fit suits, a three piece, several pairs of shoes, a closet full of custom made shirts and a plethora of nice ties. I could use more watches, but my salary doesn't allow me to frivolously spend money on fashion anymore lol.

P.s. I enjoy the fashion shows on Bravo that both my current and ex gf "made me" sit through lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    I may be into fashion way more than any straight man not named Sean Avery. I have several slim fit suits, a three piece, several pairs of shoes, a closet full of custom made shirts and a plethora of nice ties. I could use more watches, but my salary doesn't allow me to frivolously spend money on fashion anymore lol.

P.s. I enjoy the fashion shows on Bravo that both my current and ex gf "made me" sit through lol.
    What is your view on the GQ magazine? Worth paying attention to?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast