Thread: Backhand Shelf: Top-10 Fantasy Busts This Year

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend

Backhand Shelf: Top-10 Fantasy Busts This Year

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...s-this-season/

Blue Jackets forward Marian Gaborik:

Stats: 11 goals, 13 assists, -5, 125 shots

Gaborik was drafted by many between the late second to early third round, and were expecting something close to the 76 points in 82 games he posted last season. His tenure in New York ended with a bad relationship with head coach John Tortorella that ended up in a trade to Columbus on deadline day. Hes off to a good start in Columbus with 5 points in 4 games, but overall, not the production you were looking for this season.
    Wild forward Dany Heatley:

Stats: 11 goals, 10 assists, -12, 83 shots

Heatley was drafted late in the fifth round on average after a 53 points season in 2011-12, and 64 point season in 2010-11, but now a shoulder injury has ended his season and with it the possibility of him being drafted any where near the top five rounds next season. His point production has now dropped the last four years 82, 64, 53 and a projected point total this year of 28.
    Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski:

Stats: 8 goals, 7 assists, -8, 68 shots

At $5.5 million per season for the next four seasons, Grabovski just isnt meeting expectations fantasy owners put on him this year. After being in Randy Carlyle dog house for most of the season, the former fifth round selection of the Canadiens finally saw some time on the top line near the end of the Rangers game last night. He recorded 58 points two years ago, and 51 last year, but his projected total of 20 this year in 48 games isnt worthy of even drafting next season.
    Also on the list: Bryzgalov, Weiss, Lupul, etc.

--

How Richards didn't make the cut is beyond me. The problem with this list, IMO, is that it's counting injured players the same as "busted" players, which isn't the same discussion to me.

Injured players suffer accidents, like Karlsson. Bust players are guys who are just sucking.

Richards, Gby, Grabovski, Bryzgalov, etc.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youre a good loser, youre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, I'm still waiting to hear what your point is."
    - Christopher Hitchens

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    He just listed injured stars...

I'd be looking at guys like Pietrangelo, Iginla, Teemu, RNH, Lucic, Garrison, Jordan Staal (not that I'd ever take him, but some people think he's legit top 6), etc

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    After last year, it's be nuts to take Richards before the 3/4th round, considering the depth at the position. He's probably just counting 1/2 rounders.

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    After last year, it's be nuts to take Richards before the 3/4th round, considering the depth at the position. He's probably just counting 1/2 rounders.
    He listed Weiss.

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    He just listed injured stars...

I'd be looking at guys like Pietrangelo, Iginla, Teemu, RNH, Lucic, Garrison, Jordan Staal (not that I'd ever take him, but some people think he's legit top 6), etc
    Garrison, Lucic, RNH, Iginla most definitely.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youre a good loser, youre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, I'm still waiting to hear what your point is."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NosLliWhsoj View Post
    He listed Weiss.
    Well then he's an idiot. But the guy did have just 1 goal, you'd think he'd be a useful fantasy player after last year. How is Clowe not on that list? Not only for points but hits, PIMs, etc.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Karlsson was one of the best fantasy players before he got hurt. He was a shots and points machine.

Once he got hurt, my fantasy hopes dwindled.

How he's considered a bust is beyond me.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Karlsson was one of the best fantasy players before he got hurt. He was a shots and points machine.

Once he got hurt, my fantasy hopes dwindled.

How he's considered a bust is beyond me.
    Writer is a moron that's how.

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    Writer is a moron that's how.
    Enter Lozo

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Almost made the list: Rangers’ Brad Richards, Blues’ Jaroslav Halak, Avs’ Ryan O’Reilly, Stars’ Erik Cole, Flyers’ Danny Briere, Canucks’ Roberto Luongo (due to the fact he wasn’t traded) and the Rangers’ Ryane Clowe.
    Briere has been hurt twice and O'Reilly missed the first 2 months of the season. Also, how on Earth, or maybe Mars in this case, would Bryzgalov be considered a bust? Don't you have to be considered good first? Bloggers make Larry Brooks appear to be a pulitzer prize winner.

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Quick should be mentioned too
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone