Page 122 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2540

Thread: The Last Movie You Watched

Clean Slate, Grab It! NYR BSBH Prospect
    Michael Pena was awesome in Ant-Man, I hope they can find a way to fit him somewhere in Phase 3.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Saw Frozen for like the 20th time last night! Took my daughter to see it outside in Astoria Park. Probably one of the cutest things I have done with her.

Hoping to find time to see Straight Outta Compton when it comes out, obviously not with my daughter

Jurassic World and Minions.

I enjoyed both movies surprisingly.

Wanted to see Insidious but never got the chance to.

The Gift- I'll give it a solid 7/10. Joel Edgerton wrote and directed the movie. His first time doing it, he also cast himself for the role of ''Gordon ''Gordo'' Mosely'' It was a solid movie. Jason Bateman was very good in it, only thing I didn't like about the movie was them not having a flashback to what actually happened with Joel and Jason's characters in the movie that made Gordo do the things he did.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Saw No Escape last night, the Owen Wilson action movie. Was pretty intense, but wouldve been a bit less compelling if not for his dumb children being dumb for the sake of the plot.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars BSBH Prospect
    Shawshank Redemption. Seen a good 20 times and I will never tire of it. There are still parts of it that bring me to tears.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    I saw Inside Llewyn Davis last night. One of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. It had some haha moments and the soundtrack was great(I love folk music), but the way it was shot and the plot of the movie just made me feel sad. I guess that was the point.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Falco View Post
    Shawshank Redemption. Seen a good 20 times and I will never tire of it. There are still parts of it that bring me to tears.
    On the short list of movies that whenever they are on TV, I stop to watch no matter what, no matter how many times I've seen them before.

Shawshank, Moneyball, Miracle, most Tom Hanks' flicks (Cast Away, Terminal, etc).
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    On the short list of movies that whenever they are on TV, I stop to watch no matter what, no matter how many times I've seen them before.

Shawshank, Moneyball, Miracle, most Tom Hanks' flicks (Cast Away, Terminal, etc).

They're movies I'll even leave playing on the background when I'm doing things around the house. The dialogue alone is enough for me.

Sinister 2- Eh, give it a 5.5/10. Not nearly as good as the first one, very predictable. I think they left the gate open to make a 3rd. So far, they have just based their budget for the film, if it finds a way to double the budget, i'm sure they'll make a 3rd.

Ouija- 3/10. Now, this movie was awful, how it earned over 100M off that small budget was beyond me. It wasn't that good, and it's getting a sequel.

Honeymoon(2014)- Horror movie, finally caught it on Netflix last night with the wife.

It was, let me say, different. Yes, it starts with a couple who was just married and taking their honeymoon to a remote cabin up in Canada where the wife grew up. Cliche? I know. But things get weird when they run into her old friends from just up the road. All in all, weird movie, little boring at times, but turned out to be decent.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Wolf of wall street
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Mad Max

I found it entertaining. Would watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Teeth View Post
    Wolf of wall street
    Yet another movie Leo deserved an Oscar for. I love that movie.
    And it's one of those, that is extremely close to the book.

Finally got to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. Awesome. Wall-to-wall action, as I've come to expect of these Avengers flicks.

Thought Ultron was a little undercut in terms of his devastating impact, but awesome story telling otherwise.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    I saw The Man From U.N.C.L.E last weekend. My dad was a huge fan of the show when he was a kid, so I decided to go with him to see it. He didn't like the movie at all, and I thought it was just okay. It was so clearly a "part 1" for a series of movies (or so they hope), so there was a ton of character development. The only problem was none of the characters were very interesting. The second half of the movie only improved marginally over the first since there was a lot more action, but the whole premise left a lot to be desired.

The Theory of Everything.

Absolutely beautiful. It's a dramatized telling of Stephen Hawking's life, but is so wonderfully shot and choreographed that whether you know the man or his life you'll be captivated by the manner in which they depict it. Highly, highly recommend.
    Finally saw this. Agreed 100%. Really beautiful movie; visually and the story itself.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by High and Wide View Post
    Finally saw this. Agreed 100%. Really beautiful movie; visually and the story itself.
    Eddie Redmayne's performance was absolutely incredible.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Eddie Redmayne's performance was absolutely incredible.
    Definitely. That scene where he and Jane realized it was over was absolutely heartbreaking, as were many others.
    Hidden Content

Absolutely. One of my favorite things about it (just watched it again the other night) was the smaller emotional "twitches" you saw him do as the diseased worsened. The small tweaks in his facial expressions, the way he'd sort of "smile" or move his eyes in a way to convey some kind of message, especially when they split.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens