Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non BSBH Fantasy Baseball Discussions

Former Moderator BSBH Legend

Non BSBH Fantasy Baseball Discussions

Was offered Hamels and Kelvin Herrara for Clayton Kershaw in a standard rotisserie league.

I auto-drafted and have no relievers LOL. Thoughts?

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Was offered Hamels and Kelvin Herrara for Clayton Kershaw in a standard rotisserie league.

No flippin way I do that. Kershaw is, IMO, the best pitcher in the league. Hamels is good, like 1a tier good, but Kelvin Herrera was probably a waiver wire add for that guy, whereas Kershaw was probably a 1st round pick for you.

If you're dealing Kershaw for a 1a SP + RP package, I'm asking for a guy like Cain or Hamels + a closer like Kimbrel or Chapman, and no less. I'd actually probably be aiming in the Price/Felix level + Kimbrel or Chapman for Kershaw. Hope you didn't do it.

Anyway, first trade of the year done! Looking for thoughts on this deal:
    One year league, H2H points
    Gave: Cano, Austin Jackson, Victorino, Ortiz, Mariano Rivera
    Got: Albert Pujols, Ian Kinsler, Carlos Gonzalez, Carlos Gomez

Note that closers are overvalued in our league (saves worth 7 points, same as wins) and that the trade leaves me with two: Chapman and Henderson. Thoughts?

No way man--you can get plenty of saves on the waiver wire and herrara might still be splitting save chances with Derek Holland. Andrew bailey might be available and hanrahanahan just went on th DL. Juaquin benoit might be available too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Redux View Post
    No flippin way I do that. Kershaw is, IMO, the best pitcher in the league. Hamels is good, like 1a tier good, but Kelvin Herrera was probably a waiver wire add for that guy, whereas Kershaw was probably a 1st round pick for you.

If you're dealing Kershaw for a 1a SP + RP package, I'm asking for a guy like Cain or Hamels + a closer like Kimbrel or Chapman, and no less. I'd actually probably be aiming in the Price/Felix level + Kimbrel or Chapman for Kershaw. Hope you didn't do it.

Anyway, first trade of the year done! Looking for thoughts on this deal:
    One year league, H2H points
    Gave: Cano, Austin Jackson, Victorino, Ortiz, Mariano Rivera
    Got: Albert Pujols, Ian Kinsler, Carlos Gonzalez, Carlos Gomez

Note that closers are overvalued in our league (saves worth 7 points, same as wins) and that the trade leaves me with two: Chapman and Henderson. Thoughts?
    Awesome trade for you IMO. You got two first rounders and a second and he got a first and a few 5-6-7 round outfielders

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    No way man--you can get plenty of saves on the waiver wire and herrara might still be splitting save chances with Derek Holland. Andrew bailey might be available and hanrahanahan just went on th DL. Juaquin benoit might be available too.
    I didn't go through with the trade. My league is kind of pathetic because people literally hawk the waiver wire for closers. If I showed you the drop/adds for relievers you'd laugh because if a closer gives up a run or looks like he has a hangnail, someone picks up his handcuff.

Bud Norris made me cry today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    Bud Norris made me cry today.
    Well here's something will make you laugh. I got the following offer, no joke, today:
    I give: Carlos Gonzalez, Troy Tulowitzki, Ian Kinsler
    I get: Kyle Seager, Chase Headley, Phil Hughes

Was the offer from a little kid? Who would even have the sack to ask for that?

Pretty fair trade but maybe slight advantage to the guy who gets Stanton. I love that guy. Gonna change my name to jeremycarlo.

Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Stanton for Hamilton basically.

I have a long history of success with auto-draft. It's all about the waiver wire.

Stanton is just so bad right now.

Someone offered me Brandon Moss for Kris Medlen...

Senior Member Junior Division

BAHAHAHAHAHA. I actually tried to click "Reject" for you. I love the statement of "this is pretty fair." What? Because he's giving Kinsler? I probably wouldn't take the three of those guys for Medlen alone, let alone throwing in Kershaw to boot.

Yea, this guy thinks every trade he sends me is fair. I just started ignoring him.

Things that REALLY annoy me so far:
    1) I know my league overvalues pitching, and have drafted accordingly before, yet for some reason did not do so this season. I'm still wondering what I was thinking.
    2) Along the same lines, even though my OF sucked, why in God's name did I trade Felix Hernandez for Stanton and Middlebrooks before the season started?
    3) Why didn't I pick up Jean Segura?
    4) Why didn't I pick up Tony Cingrani?
    5) Why did I trade away Mariano Rivera?
    6) Why did I trade away Jim Johnson?

My batters aren't bad (Mauer, Pujols, Kinsler, Lawrie/Arenado, Tulowitzki/Gordon, CarGo, Carlos Gomez, Stanton, Granderson, Wil Myers waiting in the wings), but my pitching is now awful. Cliff Lee, Shelby Miller, Aroldis Chapman, and a bunch of crap. Meanwhile, one guy in our league has Kershaw, Darvish, Harvey, and Sale on the same roster, and another guy has Wainwright, Verlander, Buccholz, and Lester...ouch.

I have zero shot of winning this year. May as well mail it in. Could've had Darvish or Sale, instead took the best bat available. Still not sure why I did that. Or why I took a batter in the first round (Cano) and later traded him away.

The moral of the story here kids? Fantasy over-management is a deadly vice, and can often sink your team.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter Redux View Post
    Things that REALLY annoy me so far:
    1) I know my league overvalues pitching, and have drafted accordingly before, yet for some reason did not do so this season. I'm still wondering what I was thinking.
    2) Along the same lines, even though my OF sucked, why in God's name did I trade Felix Hernandez for Stanton and Middlebrooks before the season started?
    3) Why didn't I pick up Jean Segura?
    4) Why didn't I pick up Tony Cingrani?
    5) Why did I trade away Mariano Rivera?
    6) Why did I trade away Jim Johnson?

My batters aren't bad (Mauer, Pujols, Kinsler, Lawrie/Arenado, Tulowitzki/Gordon, CarGo, Carlos Gomez, Stanton, Granderson, Wil Myers waiting in the wings), but my pitching is now awful. Cliff Lee, Shelby Miller, Aroldis Chapman, and a bunch of crap. Meanwhile, one guy in our league has Kershaw, Darvish, Harvey, and Sale on the same roster, and another guy has Wainwright, Verlander, Buccholz, and Lester...ouch.

I have zero shot of winning this year. May as well mail it in. Could've had Darvish or Sale, instead took the best bat available. Still not sure why I did that. Or why I took a batter in the first round (Cano) and later traded him away.

The moral of the story here kids? Fantasy over-management is a deadly vice, and can often sink your team.
    Ervin Santana and Jeremy Guthrie have been solid for the Royals this year and i think would be available in most leagues. I would consider trading Grandy if he starts off hot, and Pujols, looks like he might be on the downhill. Can probably get a nice haul for Pujols just on name and get a good pitcher in return

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Ervin Santana and Jeremy Guthrie have been solid for the Royals this year and i think would be available in most leagues. I would consider trading Grandy if he starts off hot, and Pujols, looks like he might be on the downhill. Can probably get a nice haul for Pujols just on name and get a good pitcher in return
    Problem is that I'd be breaking the fundamental fantasy tenet of never filling one hole by creating another. I'd have zero other options at 1B, unless Ike Davis or Eric Hosmer (both on the WW) turn it on. Right now I'm dangling CarGo out there, but I'm not going to settle for anything other than Verlander, Kershaw, or Felix really. It's doubtful I get Felix back though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast