• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

I hope that trickles down, or up?, to my men's league. Faceoffs at the top of the circle or on a side of the redline are stupid.

I've never seen a faceoff off the dots in men's league. I guess all rinks are difference.

Squirt, peewee, and bantam levels are not permitted to ice the puck without a stoppage and face off on the pk anymore. USA hockey almost took hitting out of the bantam level. They're painting a picture here for what the game will look like in the future.

I think the no icing allowed on the PK was more to do about player development rather than changing the game.

I've been in on this one for a while, and we initiated it last season, (most of the time). We were only team in state doing it, and I panicked a few times.. "ice the fucking puck you little bastards..."

I think the no icing allowed on the PK was more to do about player development rather than changing the game.

I've been in on this one for a while, and we initiated it last season, (most of the time). We were only team in state doing it, and I panicked a few times.. "ice the fucking puck you little bastards..."

It's still going to happen...especially when you need to change up the PK. The penalty for icing it isn't all that awful at this age.

Yes, it was put in for development. They want the kids to learn where to be, and where to go with and without the puck. I think it's creative. With that said, I'm glad I coach Midgets. Lol

Yes, it was put in for development. They want the kids to learn where to be, and where to go with and without the puck. I think it's creative. With that said, I'm glad I coach Midgets. Lol

The western ADM director had me write something up for their FB page, etc.

Pretty much comes down to this....

Icing is a decision and not a skillset. Once they hit U16 and above, they change make a decision change.

U14 and below, this new rule will encourage cognitive awareness and how to play in a small area. Lots of puck support and slash/seam plays.

And the end of the day we will have better U16 players due to more development.

The western ADM director had me write something up for their FB page, etc.

Pretty much comes down to this....

Icing is a decision and not a skillset. Once they hit U16 and above, they change make a decision change.

U14 and below, this new rule will encourage cognitive awareness and how to play in a small area. Lots of puck support and slash/seam plays.

And the end of the day we will have better U16 players due to more development.

I like it. USA Hockey puts a lot of thought and effort in every part of the game, at every level.

Raising the age of checking is not a good idea for the long term health and safety of players. Could you imagine playing 10 years before introducing this physical game changing component? Bad habits are already developed.

Raising the age of checking is not a good idea for the long term health and safety of players. Could you imagine playing 10 years before introducing this physical game changing component? Bad habits are already developed.

Yeah, I didn't like when they removed it from peewees. Removing it from bantams wouldn't be good. Also, I wish they'd play touch up off side at peewees.

This is the wrong way to look at it.

The new rules actually encourage contact at earlier ages.

At u8 small area battles.

U10 net side battles and battles along the boards. Angling also introduced

By u12 the only thing missing is open ice trolley track collisions

Full blown hitting at earlier ages was a detriment

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

so my son officially is a general. thoughts? prayers?

the head of hockey at generals accepted him within 10 mins into practice/tryout. didn't specify which team he's going to be on (they have 5 peewee teams) but I told him any team will do as long as he plays.

so my son officially is a general. thoughts? prayers?

the head of hockey at generals accepted him within 10 mins into practice/tryout. didn't specify which team he's going to be on (they have 5 peewee teams) but I told him any team will do as long as he plays.

RB has a great program. Teams are generally pretty strong. Good luck to him !

This is the wrong way to look at it.

The new rules actually encourage contact at earlier ages.

At u8 small area battles.

U10 net side battles and battles along the boards. Angling also introduced

By u12 the only thing missing is open ice trolley track collisions

Full blown hitting at earlier ages was a detriment

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Commie

Mikey, still with the Avs this season? What's the cost of your program this year? Ours feels slightly excessive this season and I just want to start getting some idea of what the other big programs are charging.

Mikey, still with the Avs this season? What's the cost of your program this year? Ours feels slightly excessive this season and I just want to start getting some idea of what the other big programs are charging.

Yes, still with Avs. I'll text you tomorrow.