Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,481 to 1,491 of 1491

Thread: Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    We don't even have ice, yet. The rink is still operating as a hospital overflow area. No word on when that is coming down, or if it even is at all.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    I skated over a month ago.

Our men's team decided to not participate in this season, but that was about a month ago, too.

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    We're finishing up an 8-game summer season on Sunday. My rink was one of the few in the area that even kept ice during the height of COVID in our area.

No plans for Fall/Winter that I've heard. I think they should split Fall and Winter - do one from September-December and do one from January-March. Make it a shorter term decision/commitment for people and allow people to re-evaluate the situation in December.

Only real difference from the summer season was they encouraged us to not hang around in the locker rooms before/after games. I show up half dressed like a squirt, throw my skates on and just get out there.

Senior Member Midget Division
    We've already had a mini-tourney in Aston, PA and have played up at Chelsea Piers, CT. Full regular hockey. The only thing that we've seen is in PA the kids were only able to get their 30 minutes early instead of the normal 1 hour early and they took their temps upon entering. They also restricted parent viewership in PA but not in CT at all.

Our county just shut down youth hockey activities after there was an outbreak linked to a hockey tournament last weekend.

I logged into livebarn - there are still teams practicing right now, at that rink.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Our county just shut down youth hockey activities after there was an outbreak linked to a hockey tournament last weekend.

I logged into livebarn - there are still teams practicing right now, at that rink.
    Was the shutdown mandated by the state you were in? Also, not sure if this is travel hockey, but wouldn't away games still be on ?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Was the shutdown mandated by the state you were in? Also, not sure if this is travel hockey, but wouldn't away games still be on ?
    It's mandated by the county.

Teams are not allowed to leave to play games until further notice. I'm sure they still will. In November, everyone was going out-of-state to play games.

We got an email saying clinics and tryouts are still going as planned. And I saw another email notifying a team that they just added 2 more practices for this month. So...

Out of curiosity, i hopped back on livebarn (it's live camera's of the rinks). There are high school team practices, public skating, looks like a peewee/bantam clinic, and maybe an adult skate and shoot.

My son's team ended up playing over 60 games this year somehow. It was a ton of travel and ended on a sour note but still ended up being a real good season. They finished the year as the #13 ranked club in the U.S. Just narrowly missed out on a trip to Dallas for Nationals but hopefully we retool a little and make it there for the 16u year.

This will be a crucial off season for him. He needs to pack on 15lbs of muscle. Let's see if he's dedicated enough to make it happen!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Junior Division
    Good luck Kev!!! Do you know Marcel Lavitman?
    My son finished second leading scorer in the whole league and he’s a defenseman. Very exciting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Good luck Kev!!! Do you know Marcel Lavitman?
    My son finished second leading scorer in the whole league and hes a defenseman. Very exciting for him.
    Yes. Plays for the Avalanch. Very good player. My son played against him a bunch when he played on the Cyclones.

Where is your son playing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Yes. Plays for the Avalanch. Very good player. My son played against him a bunch when he played on the Cyclones.

Where is your son playing?

They run a good program under the leadership of Dan May and a lot of kids have come through that program.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475