• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

lol.. Yeah, that's a good point, it seems to be a parent from our team every time.

We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead

We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead

Oh I think I heard “skate josh” almost every game

I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

I start with Kid #2 today, gonna make this one a goalie I think.

If that happens I'll open a thread on house re-fi tips.

I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

Dont know about this, Dunny. Every time your kid will let in a goal, parents would want to kick your ass. Especially in tournaments

He hasn’t played yet. He’s a freshman in high school. They didn’t have tryouts yet but it would be for Marlboro Mustangs.

How about u guys?

My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.

My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.

In our area, there simply wasn?t a good option for a private school. A great catholic schools with under 300 students was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Do not make him a goalie. Its so fucking expensive. I pray that if/when my son gets into playing hockey that he doesn't wanna be a goalie like me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Where they at?

We have a local kid tearing up OMHA AAA. Had 300 points last year. He was my kids centerman for two years and is in my kitchen pantry looking for Joe Louis three times a week because his dad has him on a hockey diet at 9. lol

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/701364/lyndon-cabral

What birthyear ?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk