Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1445

Thread: Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

  1. #1421
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,605
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My guy is playing Bantam Major this year...For whatever reason this year, so far, he's been pretty aggressive in delivering hits and mucking it up. Maybe some teenage hormones raging but whatever it is it's kind of fun to see.

    On a side note, we were playing in the Massachusetts area a couple of weekends ago. One of our d-men delivered a big, clean, open-ice hit. Got called for a penalty more because of the result than the hit but the kid that got hit was down for a little. This shit rink we played at only had parent viewing along both ends of the rink, nothing in the middle, so the parents from both teams were intermingled along the glass. The father from the kid that delivered the hit gave a little cheer. One of the father's from the other team turned to him and said "you're cheering for that?" and then subsequently punched him in the face knocking him back into the sheet metal wall of the rink. I was right there so I pulled that dude off our guy and after a few minutes that dust settled. I looked back on the ice and all the kids had stopped playing and were watching this performance of parents behaving poorly. Fucking unreal that this type of shit still has to happen.
    Parents should be forced to watch from the internet.

  2. #1422
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,241
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My guy is playing Bantam Major this year...For whatever reason this year, so far, he's been pretty aggressive in delivering hits and mucking it up. Maybe some teenage hormones raging but whatever it is it's kind of fun to see.

    On a side note, we were playing in the Massachusetts area a couple of weekends ago. One of our d-men delivered a big, clean, open-ice hit. Got called for a penalty more because of the result than the hit but the kid that got hit was down for a little. This shit rink we played at only had parent viewing along both ends of the rink, nothing in the middle, so the parents from both teams were intermingled along the glass. The father from the kid that delivered the hit gave a little cheer. One of the father's from the other team turned to him and said "you're cheering for that?" and then subsequently punched him in the face knocking him back into the sheet metal wall of the rink. I was right there so I pulled that dude off our guy and after a few minutes that dust settled. I looked back on the ice and all the kids had stopped playing and were watching this performance of parents behaving poorly. Fucking unreal that this type of shit still has to happen.
    Just wow.
    And well too often Iíve witnessed terrible behavior from parents over the years. One bonus to high school, is the lack of parental involvement.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  3. #1423
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My guy is playing Bantam Major this year...For whatever reason this year, so far, he's been pretty aggressive in delivering hits and mucking it up. Maybe some teenage hormones raging but whatever it is it's kind of fun to see.

    On a side note, we were playing in the Massachusetts area a couple of weekends ago. One of our d-men delivered a big, clean, open-ice hit. Got called for a penalty more because of the result than the hit but the kid that got hit was down for a little. This shit rink we played at only had parent viewing along both ends of the rink, nothing in the middle, so the parents from both teams were intermingled along the glass. The father from the kid that delivered the hit gave a little cheer. One of the father's from the other team turned to him and said "you're cheering for that?" and then subsequently punched him in the face knocking him back into the sheet metal wall of the rink. I was right there so I pulled that dude off our guy and after a few minutes that dust settled. I looked back on the ice and all the kids had stopped playing and were watching this performance of parents behaving poorly. Fucking unreal that this type of shit still has to happen.
    Damn! Not surprised. I sometimes feel like punching a parent. Most of the time from our own team

  4. #1424
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,344
    Rep Power
    330
    lol.. Yeah, that's a good point, it seems to be a parent from our team every time.

  5. #1425
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What high school does your son play for?

    He hasn’t played yet. He’s a freshman in high school. They didn’t have tryouts yet but it would be for Marlboro Mustangs.
    How about u guys?

  6. #1426
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    lol.. Yeah, that's a good point, it seems to be a parent from our team every time.

    We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead

  7. #1427
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,002
    Rep Power
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead
    Oh I think I heard “skate josh” almost every game
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #1428
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,344
    Rep Power
    330
    I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

    I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

    I start with Kid #2 today, gonna make this one a goalie I think.

    If that happens I'll open a thread on house re-fi tips.

  9. #1429
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,241
    Rep Power
    148
    Do not make your kid a goaltender Dunny. But good luck.

    My neighbors kid is skating u15 in Michigan, had stomach sliced open with a skate yesterday playing Compuware . Pretty impressive pics


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #1430
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

    I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

    I start with Kid #2 today, gonna make this one a goalie I think.

    If that happens I'll open a thread on house re-fi tips.
    Dont know about this, Dunny. Every time your kid will let in a goal, parents would want to kick your ass. Especially in tournaments

  11. #1431
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,940
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    He hasn’t played yet. He’s a freshman in high school. They didn’t have tryouts yet but it would be for Marlboro Mustangs.
    How about u guys?
    My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.

  12. #1432
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,241
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.
    In our area, there simply wasnít a good option for a private school. A great catholic schools with under 300 students was it.



    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  13. #1433
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

    I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

    I start with Kid #2 today, gonna make this one a goalie I think.

    If that happens I'll open a thread on house re-fi tips.
    Do not make him a goalie. Its so fucking expensive. I pray that if/when my son gets into playing hockey that he doesn't wanna be a goalie like me.

  14. #1434
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,344
    Rep Power
    330
    I was a goalie.. Dad was a goalie..

    He did good, it's just Learn To Skate through minor hockey.. He gets off the ice and says "I is a goalie now?"

    Hahaha

  15. #1435
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    42
    Lol

  16. #1436
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,764
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I was a goalie.. Dad was a goalie..

    He did good, it's just Learn To Skate through minor hockey.. He gets off the ice and says "I is a goalie now?"

    Hahaha
    Canadian is english?

  17. #1437
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,002
    Rep Power
    361
    How old? All young goalies look like shit because they strap on pads before they can skate
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #1438
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,344
    Rep Power
    330
    He's three, Simon you asshole hahaha

    He's in forward gear for learn to skate. He just got off the bar in last ten minutes.

  19. #1439
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,002
    Rep Power
    361
    The huh? Bar?

    Like, stop pushing a chair/sled/walker?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  20. #1440
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,344
    Rep Power
    330
    Yeah, a bar for kids learning how to skate.

    No wonder you guys never win anything.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •