Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1445

Thread: Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My guy is playing Bantam Major this year...For whatever reason this year, so far, he's been pretty aggressive in delivering hits and mucking it up. Maybe some teenage hormones raging but whatever it is it's kind of fun to see.

On a side note, we were playing in the Massachusetts area a couple of weekends ago. One of our d-men delivered a big, clean, open-ice hit. Got called for a penalty more because of the result than the hit but the kid that got hit was down for a little. This shit rink we played at only had parent viewing along both ends of the rink, nothing in the middle, so the parents from both teams were intermingled along the glass. The father from the kid that delivered the hit gave a little cheer. One of the father's from the other team turned to him and said "you're cheering for that?" and then subsequently punched him in the face knocking him back into the sheet metal wall of the rink. I was right there so I pulled that dude off our guy and after a few minutes that dust settled. I looked back on the ice and all the kids had stopped playing and were watching this performance of parents behaving poorly. Fucking unreal that this type of shit still has to happen.
    Parents should be forced to watch from the internet.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    My guy is playing Bantam Major this year...For whatever reason this year, so far, he's been pretty aggressive in delivering hits and mucking it up. Maybe some teenage hormones raging but whatever it is it's kind of fun to see.

On a side note, we were playing in the Massachusetts area a couple of weekends ago. One of our d-men delivered a big, clean, open-ice hit. Got called for a penalty more because of the result than the hit but the kid that got hit was down for a little. This shit rink we played at only had parent viewing along both ends of the rink, nothing in the middle, so the parents from both teams were intermingled along the glass. The father from the kid that delivered the hit gave a little cheer. One of the father's from the other team turned to him and said "you're cheering for that?" and then subsequently punched him in the face knocking him back into the sheet metal wall of the rink. I was right there so I pulled that dude off our guy and after a few minutes that dust settled. I looked back on the ice and all the kids had stopped playing and were watching this performance of parents behaving poorly. Fucking unreal that this type of shit still has to happen.
    Just wow.
    And well too often Iíve witnessed terrible behavior from parents over the years. One bonus to high school, is the lack of parental involvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Junior Division

Damn! Not surprised. I sometimes feel like punching a parent. Most of the time from our own team

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    lol.. Yeah, that's a good point, it seems to be a parent from our team every time.

Banned Junior Division
    What high school does your son play for?

He hasn’t played yet. He’s a freshman in high school. They didn’t have tryouts yet but it would be for Marlboro Mustangs.
    How about u guys?

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    lol.. Yeah, that's a good point, it seems to be a parent from our team every time.

We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    We have a father who paces back in fourth in the stands and screams from the top of his lungs “skate” to his 14-year old son. I mean, if I still have to yell ‘skate’ to your son at this stage, maybe you should sign him up for travel baci instead
    Oh I think I heard “skate josh” almost every game
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

I start with Kid #2 today, gonna make this one a goalie I think.

If that happens I'll open a thread on house re-fi tips.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Do not make your kid a goaltender Dunny. But good luck.

My neighbors kid is skating u15 in Michigan, had stomach sliced open with a skate yesterday playing Compuware . Pretty impressive pics

Banned Junior Division
    I want to yell at my kid all game, too, but the embarrassment just outweighs any benefit. For both of us.

I just talk to the coaches before they start and give them free reign to bench and kick his ass as necessary. They like that, usually they deal with the other end of the stick.

Dont know about this, Dunny. Every time your kid will let in a goal, parents would want to kick your ass. Especially in tournaments

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    He hasn’t played yet. He’s a freshman in high school. They didn’t have tryouts yet but it would be for Marlboro Mustangs.
    How about u guys?
    My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    My guy is only in 8th grade still. Debating between sending him to a private school (St. Joe's in Metuchen) or just keep doing the public school thing in Hillsborough.
    In our area, there simply wasnít a good option for a private school. A great catholic schools with under 300 students was it.

Beer Leaguer Midget Division

Do not make him a goalie. Its so fucking expensive. I pray that if/when my son gets into playing hockey that he doesn't wanna be a goalie like me.

I was a goalie.. Dad was a goalie..

He did good, it's just Learn To Skate through minor hockey.. He gets off the ice and says "I is a goalie now?"

Hahaha

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Lol

Banned Junior Division
    I was a goalie.. Dad was a goalie..

He did good, it's just Learn To Skate through minor hockey.. He gets off the ice and says "I is a goalie now?"

Hahaha
    Canadian is english?

How old? All young goalies look like shit because they strap on pads before they can skate

He's three, Simon you asshole hahaha

He's in forward gear for learn to skate. He just got off the bar in last ten minutes.

The huh? Bar?

Like, stop pushing a chair/sled/walker?

Yeah, a bar for kids learning how to skate.

No wonder you guys never win anything.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast