• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Isn't that a sad testament to our society? Can you imagine your parents having that mentality? My parents certainly didn't.

Another one: A kid on my team told a fellow parent that if he didn't score a goal in our last game his dad was taking away his iPhone. WTF is that?

If we got wind of that as a staff, kid would be pasted to the bench. Don't care who it is.

In another move that'll make you shake your head about parents...there is an '03 kid in our organ-i-zation who is a pretty solid player but he has taken 8 two and 10's over the first half of the season for checking from behind. On top of that he has three other 10 minute misconducts for different infractions. The '03 coach suspended this kid, after the 8th checking from behind penalty, prior to the Christmas break for one practice and two games. The coach's reasoning is that this kid is clearly not getting the message, is hurting the team with his constant penalties, and he is actually afraid that this kid might seriously hurt someone and thus reflect poorly on him (as the coach) and the organization as a whole. The kid's response? He quit the team. And his parents were on board with his quitting b/c they felt that the suspension was too harsh. And his father was a parent helping out as an assistant coaching the team and knew first hand how much his son's penalties were hurting the team. Just makes me wonder where people are coming from nowadays.

You guys are in the USPHL now, so that opens the door for him to go anywhere in the AY. Do you know who he's playing for?

You guys are in the USPHL now, so that opens the door for him to go anywhere in the AY. Do you know who he's playing for?

I asked. The coach didn't know. The family is from the Brick area. I would think the Titans would be the closest option but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Right, but you said AY so I was only thinking of teams that are playing in the AY. I think Brick, Red Bank or the Wildcats probably make more sense though.

Right. Titans bantam teams stink though, and they don't have an 03 squad at T1

Right. Titans bantam teams stink though, and they don't have an 03 squad at T1

Really? That seems strange. I think they are going to struggle next year with all the legal issues they are having and the limited ice time available.

Not that I ever want to find myself in this position but it must be difficult joining a new team at this stage of the season...especially for older kids.

Really? That seems strange. I think they are going to struggle next year with all the legal issues they are having and the limited ice time available.

Not that I ever want to find myself in this position but it must be difficult joining a new team at this stage of the season...especially for older kids.

Rosters lock on 12/31. You need a full release and a special exemption from the league.

• 2 weeks later...
My choice? The closest one to home lol.

Lol, that's true too, but the kids start separating themselves at bantams. If you know your kid is ready to make the next step that's when you need to find the right place for his development leading into Midgets.

Any ideas on how I can get my kid to keep two hands on his stick, short of a Pizza Party if he does?

I tried pinning bottom hand, but he refused to go on ice from embrassment.

They all do it at that age. It comes with time, IF they get it.

I hear checkers is a good sport for a kid

For this kid, yeah, looks like a viable option. He has Petr Prucha syndrome where he skates like wind for his shift and accomplishes nothing whilst no doubt planning his afternoon of Minecraft.

Hopefully the next two show more interest in competing.

For this kid, yeah, looks like a viable option. He has Petr Prucha syndrome where he skates like wind for his shift and accomplishes nothing whilst no doubt planning his afternoon of Minecraft.

Hopefully the next two show more interest in competing.

Hahahahaha