• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

Does your son still play for the Aviators?

yes, this is the last season. aviator has gone to shit. hopefully we'll move to NJ this summer (if we ever find a house we want) and he'll play for one of the local organizations. if not, we'll go to Abe Stark Stars. This is how bad Aviator is.

For this kid, yeah, looks like a viable option. He has Petr Prucha syndrome where he skates like wind for his shift and accomplishes nothing whilst no doubt planning his afternoon of Minecraft.

Hopefully the next two show more interest in competing.

if he can skate like the wind, he's already half way to being a star

yes, this is the last season. aviator has gone to shit. hopefully we'll move to NJ this summer (if we ever find a house we want) and he'll play for one of the local organizations. if not, we'll go to Abe Stark Stars. This is how bad Aviator is.

One of your son's former teammates (i think) plays with my son's team. His father was saying the same thing. I'm not sure that there is a perfect program out there though.

One of your son's former teammates (i think) plays with my son's team. His father was saying the same thing. I'm not sure that there is a perfect program out there though.

lots of folks leaving aviator after this season. lots left after last season. not looking for perfect but at least a coach who can skate....lol. too many things to list on what's wrong with the organization. imagine not having jerseys until late November....lol

• 3 weeks later...
Nice, any prior history with next opponent?

Yeah, we just beat them yesterday, and they're from our fuckin division. They won the play in game this morning. AND we played them twice outside of league play in a random tournament we were both in. After next weekend we will have played them 7 or possibly 8 times. We're #1 and 2 in the state, so the district got what they wanted.

We won the league title yesterday. We go to Philly next weekend for a best of 3 series that determines a trip to Coral Springs Fla for Nationals.

Congrats!

Any chance both teams go? I know that they took both 1st and 2nd place from our state at tier 2 level to head to Florida

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Congrats!

Any chance both teams go? I know that they took both 1st and 2nd place from our state at tier 2 level to head to Florida

The loser would have to lobby for an at large bid. We're 25th in the country, and 1st in the state, so depending on what ranked teams ahead of us win their bid it could be possible. Right now there's 6 teams ranked way lower than us that earned a bid. We beat 3 of those teams in tournys in CT, and Chicago pretty badly. It'll fuckin sting if we don't get in and they did.

This all confuses me now.

I took a bantam team to nationals in the late 90's

We had to win state, then win regional (everything west of Colorado), and 8 teams made nationals.

Now we have our second place state team going without ever having to play districts.

Hahaha .... shit changes. Try to keep up.

We lost 2-0 with an EN. They fuckin scored with 1:08 left after Michael stopped a breakaway and we couldn't get the puck out. Kid throws it at the net from the point, goes off 1 of our sticks, then off our dman's leg and in. Sound familiar ??

8:30 am, do or die !

Hell of a season though. The boys should be proud.

They are proud, and us as a staff is proud. We finished 39-12-7 with a League Championship. At any level you need 2 things come playoff time:

1. A goalie that can put you on his back

2. Health

We had #1, but 2 is what killed us.

1. Team leader in points was out all weekend with a concussion.

2. Team leader in goals scored was hurt 2 weeks ago with a pulled groin and hip flexor. He played, but was 60-70%.

3. Top defensemen has a herniated disc in his back. Could barely move. Played limited minutes in game 1, played 4 shifts in game 2.

4. # 3 D just back from a concussion

5. # 5 D just back from 2 concussions

We lost 2-0 with an EN. They fuckin scored with 1:08 left after Michael stopped a breakaway and we couldn't get the puck out. Kid throws it at the net from the point, goes off 1 of our sticks, then off our dman's leg and in. Sound familiar ??

8:30 am, do or die !

OUCH !!!! that is a heart breaker to lose like that sorry to hear that

They are proud, and us as a staff is proud. We finished 39-12-7 with a League Championship. At any level you need 2 things come playoff time:

1. A goalie that can put you on his back

2. Health

We had #1, but 2 is what killed us.

1. Team leader in points was out all weekend with a concussion.

2. Team leader in goals scored was hurt 2 weeks ago with a pulled groin and hip flexor. He played, but was 60-70%.

3. Top defensemen has a herniated disc in his back. Could barely move. Played limited minutes in game 1, played 4 shifts in game 2.

4. # 3 D just back from a concussion

5. # 5 D just back from 2 concussions

Impressive that you even made a game out of it. I don't know any team that is deep enough to handle that type of injury bug. All those concussions though...pretty scary.