• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

James Dolan and Wife Getting Divorced

Blue Heaven

We're FUCKED!!!! Ticket prices, Cable rates, concession prices will SKYROCKET NOW.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/dolan_and_wife_split_2kgabGRUIJBnbAKl7amwIP

Madison Square Garden and Cablevision chief James Dolan is splitting with his wife of 11 years, Kristin Dolan, Page Six has exclusively learned. Dolan ? Cablevision president and CEO and MSG?s executive chairman ? last night confirmed he and Kristin had amicably separated over the holidays.

To be fair, he hasn't been a terrible owner for the NYR. His main concern is the Knicks...

...and maybe JD and the Straight Shot.

The fact that he wants every big name player and is willing to throw as much money at them can be a problem, Look at some of the signings we have had here and how much we have overpaid them. Not to mention that we have among the highest prices for tickets in the entire NHL, and our owner not only owns the team, but also owns the arena.

He's fairly off hands for the Rangers though compared to the Knicks. I'm not sure I would want a different owner. Is he the best owner? No. But, he isn't necessarily the worst owner either.

Sometimes it takes a big signing to attract other guys. Kind of like what the Stoudemire signing did for the Knicks.

He's fairly off hands for the Rangers though compared to the Knicks. I'm not sure I would want a different owner. Is he the best owner? No. But, he isn't necessarily the worst owner either.

What could he do better? He gave Glen Sather a blank check to win a Cup. Can't ask for much more.

Sometimes it takes a big signing to attract other guys. Kind of like what the Stoudemire signing did for the Knicks.

How many free agent busts is he going to let Sather sign? He let Thomas run wild for a while with the Knicks.

You're crazy if you don't think he had a prenumpt.

You're probably right, but you never know. He's an heir to his fathers fortune and really never had to work hard for what he has, and sometimes guys like that tend to be a little more reckless and stupid with their money.

Don't worry though for any Rangers fans out there, this will not be another Dodgers situation.

You're probably right, but you never know. He's an heir to his fathers fortune and really never had to work hard for what he has, and sometimes guys like that tend to be a little more reckless and stupid with their money.

Don't worry though for any Rangers fans out there, this will not be another Dodgers situation.

Doesnt she also have a right to any success he has while they are married? Thats usually how guys get screwed in divorces.

I thought in the dark years Dolan was telling Sather who to sign

Negative. he wasn't telling Sather who to sign, specifically, but there was a mandate to get the "best players available". But he let Sather decide who the "best" players were.

I thought in the dark years Dolan was telling Sather who to sign

There may have been a time when the Garden people were mandating it, but it was more so during Smith's 3 years from 1998 through 2000 when Dolan first bought the Garden that Smith's hand may have been forced some.

At some point down the road, and it may have been because the lockout in 04, the Garden it seemed didn't really press any longer for the Rangers to acquire superstar talent or best players available.

Sather pretty much has free reign to do as he pleases and always has.

I love when people think that anyone born in a good situation doesn't work hard

I love when people think that anyone born in a good situation doesn't work hard

I think you're misconstruing what I wrote down. I'm not saying he's not a go getter or did I mean to imply he's not a hard worker at what he does. On a personal level I have no idea the kind of business man James Dolan is. What I meant more was that a guy like him never really had to struggle hard or work hard for their fortune like others. His dad built one of the most successful cable enterprises in the country. Life tends to be a tad bit easier when you have your fathers enterprise to fall back on.

Again though I'm not at all implying that James Dolan is not a hard worker in his life and business.

There may have been a time when the Garden people were mandating it, but it was more so during Smith's 3 years from 1998 through 2000 when Dolan first bought the Garden that Smith's hand may have been forced some.

At some point down the road, and it may have been because the lockout in 04, the Garden it seemed didn't really press any longer for the Rangers to acquire superstar talent or best players available.

Sather pretty much has free reign to do as he pleases and always has.

100 percent true. Theo Fleury is the best example. Neil Smith was very open to Bruce Dowbiggin in his book Money Players which I am currently reading. The Fleury story is one of the biggest.

• 4 weeks later...

http://deadspin.com/report-james-dolan-fired-a-security-guard-who-didnt-r-465350782

What a dick..

Knicks owner James Dolan is an asswipe and a schmuck, and according to the New York Post, he is also a giant asshole. A source tells the Post that this past Sunday, Dolan was denied access into the Delta Sky 360 club in Madison Square Garden by security guard Fiordaliza Hernandez because Dolan didn't have his ID on him. As you might expect, Dolan responded by going straight into awful-rich-guy mode, and fired Hernandez on the spot.

Instead of laughing it off, Dolan snapped, ?Do you know who I am??

The startled security guard admitted she didn?t.

Then Dolan demanded, ?How long have you worked here??

Three years, the guard said.

?I?m your boss! I pay your salary!? Dolan shot back.

But rules are rules ? and Dolan didn?t show his ID, so Hernandez refused to let him in, sources said.

That?s when Dolan became so angry he yelled: ?Give me your ID! You?re fired!?

Christ. After calming down a bit, Dolan reconsidered and decided that Hernandez wouldn't be fired. How nice of him. After all, being publicly humiliated by a dumpy cretin just because she was trying to do her job was probably punishment enough for Hernandez. James Dolan sucks.

Archived