Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: The Beer Thread

Senior Member Junior Division
    Sam Adams product has gone to shit. I bought their fall seasonal 12 pack. Horrid. Just fucking gross.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Sam Adams product has gone to shit. I bought their fall seasonal 12 pack. Horrid. Just fucking gross.
    I did too, liked a couple of them. Their Octoberfest, Maple Ale and Hoppy Red I thought were good.

The Campfire Blonde and Caramel Bock were fucking gross though lol

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I did too, liked a couple of them. Their Octoberfest, Maple Ale and Hoppy Red I thought were good.

Campfire Blonde tastes like an ashtray.

Senior Member Bantam Division paddynyc's Avatar

That was terrible and I have stayed away from Sam Adams recently. I keep to Southern Tier which is not far from your neck of the woods.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Sweet beers give me extraordinary hangovers. Caramel Bock sounds like I'd want to shoot myself in the face repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    That was terrible and I have stayed away from Sam Adams recently. I keep to Southern Tier which is not far from your neck of the woods.
    Yea I drink Southern Tier all the time, it's probably about a 3 hour trek from where I live.

Their Pumking is awesome but the IPA is a go-to. I'll get the 2x when I'm feeling frisky lol

Yea I drink Southern Tier all the time, it's probably about a 3 hour trek from where I live.

Their Pumking is awesome but the IPA is a go-to. I'll get the 2x when I'm feeling frisky lol
    Love the Pumking got 2 large bottles left and the 2X knocks me on my ass, but great stuff.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

I tried the Caramel bock and was disgusted. Tried maple, just as bad. I switched over to Labatts, then tried the hoppy red and gave up. Octoberfest is OK, but largely disappointed. A few years ago they had something calledHazel brown included in the fall pack and it might have been the best beer I've ever had. They haven't made it since, and everything they've put in their fall pack from then on has been dog shit .
    Last edited by The Dude; 10-20-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Love the Pumking got 2 large bottles left and the 2X knocks me on my ass, but great stuff.
    I recommend Greenport Harbor brewing companies, "Leaf pile" pumpkin beer. It's not overly sweet, and is very drinkable. If anyone has ever been to John Harvards in Lake Grove, LI, and enjoyed their pumpkin beer, it's pretty damn close.

Shame they closed that place. It was one of the first places on LI that brewed their own beets on site. I used to always get a couple growlers of the pumpkin for Thanksgiving dinner, as it was always a crowd pleaser. I think there's a couple locations in Massachusetts.

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    If I want "sweet beer", I'll order a local hard cider. Caramel in beer is just an awful idea, always.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    If I want "sweet beer", I'll order a local hard cider. Caramel in beer is just an awful idea, always.
    I don't particularly like sweet beers either, but Southern Tier Salted Caramel Stout is super good.

And there's probably a caramel flavorings in a lot more than you realize. There's caramel malt in most every American Ale if I'm not mistaken.

I don't particularly like sweet beers either, but Southern Tier Salted Caramel Stout is super good.

And there's probably a caramel flavorings in a lot more than you realize. There's caramel malt in most every American Ale if I'm not mistaken.
    I also liked it and the Stout & Carmel combination works, but DAM it is expensive. I picked up a 4 pack and I normally purchase cases when it comes to Southern Tier, but this was going for $90+ by me.
    Curly

I also liked it and the Stout & Carmel combination works, but DAM it is expensive. I picked up a 4 pack and I normally purchase cases when it comes to Southern Tier, but this was going for $90+ by me.
    Lol that's insane.

I think I've only had it in a bar - might have been $7 or so - but that's crazy for a case.

Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect

I can deal with a light caramel flavor in a dark beer, weather permitting, but there are just so many brewers who emphasize flavors to a point where it's a caramel drink with beer flavor or an orange lemonade with hops. That's where I tap out as a customer. I am not very much into the hype of heavy flavors and caramel stouts can quickly get to a point where I don't enjoy it.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I can deal with a light caramel flavor in a dark beer, weather permitting, but there are just so many brewers who emphasize flavors to a point where it's a caramel drink with beer flavor or an orange lemonade with hops. That's where I tap out as a customer. I am not very much into the hype of heavy flavors and caramel stouts can quickly get to a point where I don't enjoy it.
    Absolutely. There's a difference between flavor and hints if flavor. Lately everything is either too sweet or too hoppy.

I did buy a six of Leinenkugels Bavarian Dunkel. Nice tasting beer. Nothing overpowering..

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers92 View Post
    So I just came back from Charlottesville, VA and there is a new bar there that is amazingly dangerous. It's like one of those self serve frozen yogurt places where you are charged by the ounce, except for beer. You open a tab with your credit card and they give you a contact card, where you tap the screen describing each of the 60-70 available beers. Once connected, you can pour as much or as little of the selected beer as you want, and your card is charged as such. Really cool idea and neat way to be able to try lots of different beers without having to pay as much as you would in a regular bar where you get the full glass.
    This place is great. Good recommendation.

Boom BSBH Prospect
    Yeah I loved it. Hope they do well so they expand haha

#MakePetrGreatAgain BSBH Legend
    Bumping this for Frank.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you’'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just finished my last Southern Tier Pumpkin Ale and I just bought their Cinnamon Roll beer and it is ok. I just go with one and that is it. Still love the IPA's and there Old Man Winter and Harvest are pretty good.
    Curly

I don't know if any of you live where they have Naked Dove - it's an Upstate brewery - but they've got the best holiday beer out there. It's called Nice 'N Naughty. Basically tastes like gingerbread lol

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast