• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vikings

momentum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic debut episode. The cinematography is beautiful, and the story is great, because it's taking on a traditional role in an untraditional atmosphere filled wtih anti-heros, like Rangar.

This is definitely right up the alley of anyone who loves these types of historical dramas based on barbaric cultures like Vikings.

Game of Thronies, for example, should probably give this a go.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it because you're Scandinavian? :rofl:

Well I probably have a stronger interest in Viking culture than the average person since they were ancestors of mine but I think the show is great so far regardless of that, it's a show that anyone should be able to enjoy if you're interested whatsoever in history or even if you just like adventures with ppl going on the hunt for the unknown and use swords and axes killing each other etc.:)

Yeah, I was gonna say Puck, this is def. right up your alley. I think you'll dig it. Come back to this thread once you've caught up ? I'm interested in your take on it.

Finishing up a few episodes of West Wing tonight....downloading the first 3 episodes of Vikings tomorrow.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/history-renews-vikings-second-season-433243

The cable network has ordered 10 more episodes for its first scripted drama created by Michael Hirst, it was announced Friday by Dirk Hoogstra, executive vp development and programming for History. Production on season two will begin in the summer with a premiere in 2014.

"Vikings is a win win for us. As our first scripted series, Vikings has paid off in a big way with critical acclaim, strong ratings and a passionate, loyal fan base. It came out of the gate strong and has stayed on top, solidifying History as a major player in the scripted genre, just as we are in reality,? said Hoogstra. ?We could not be more proud of the entire cast and crew and everyone involved in the making of Vikings. Michael Hirst has captured audiences with his complex, compelling characters and brought the unknown, epic world of these warriors to life."

Vikings debuted strong in early March to 6.2 million viewers, helping propel History to No. 1 in its 10 p.m. Sunday time slot. Over the first five weeks, Vikings has averaged 5 million viewers, with 2.2 million among adults 25-54 and 1.9 million in 18-49. For its most recent episode, the drama drew 4.7 million viewers.