• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vikings

momentum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic episode tonight. The lead-up to the attack on Paris has been so well-written.

R.I.P. Athelstan. What a journey you had. I'll miss him from this show.

I'm going to miss his Journals episodes too.

• 4 weeks later...

never saw it coming tbh, my wife was like...why do I get a feeling he's going to jump out of there and start killing people....I'm like...don't think so...he looked pretty sick honey...then he fucking does exactly what she said....maybe im stupid for not seeing it coming, really thought he was done, when they carried him in I thought maybe they other warriors would use the opportunity to get into paris but never though Ragnar would do what he did.

Great season indeed. Can't wait for next one!

Rollo is awesome. The father of the normans...:)

Side note: I wish that the History Network would show, you know, history stuff - again.

Agreed. I remember waking up in the morning for school to catch a little bit of Wild West Tech, then coming home to Modern Marvels. Then at night watching Dogfights or Battle 360. Then, during special occasions like July 4th or June 6th, they'd show Band of Brothers on top of some actual history shows.

History channel is where I fell in love with history. It's a shame that actual historical shows like the Men who Built America or that Gettysburg special are the only times when history actually gets to be front and center. Its all Ax Men, Pawn Stars, and ancient aliens.

• 5 months later...
One of my clients is partnering with this show.

Can I catch up by jumping in, or should I start from the beginning?

You could probably just jump in and not be too confused, but this show is fantastic for the cinematography alone. If you've got the time, I'd urge you to just watch the first three seasons, especially since they're all short anyway. Season one is nine episodes, season two is ten, and season three is ten.

You could probably just jump in and not be too confused, but this show is fantastic for the cinematography alone. If you've got the time, I'd urge you to just watch the first three seasons, especially since they're all short anyway. Season one is nine episodes, season two is ten, and season three is ten.

That's still quite a bit of time. It's more that I have to be vaguely familiar with the cast. If there has been a GoT-like overhaul, I'll need to start all from the beginning.

• 1 month later...

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/1450306128/vikings.jpg

A picture of the Last Supper portraying pagan Vikings in the role of Christ and his apostles may seem, to some, very controversial. But I would say, if nothing else, it emphasizes the centrality of belief systems and spirituality in the show. We are addressing that conflict between Christianity and paganism.

So many Renaissance artists painted a version of the Last Supper because of art starting to perform a new function. The depict human and emotional dilemmas using this motif, the image of prophesied betrayal. All the figures in these paintings are concentrated around the words: ?One of you will betray me.? I think that?s the key to understanding this image that we have from the show. It?s exactly the same issue that?s being confronted.

Looking at this, there are at least four people in this picture who?ve already betrayed Ragnar. And there are two people who are going to betray him again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...