Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Vikings' — on the History Channel

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Yeah, I was gonna say Puck, this is def. right up your alley. I think you'll dig it. Come back to this thread once you've caught up — I'm interested in your take on it.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say Puck, this is def. right up your alley. I think you'll dig it. Come back to this thread once you've caught up — I'm interested in your take on it.
    Finishing up a few episodes of West Wing tonight....downloading the first 3 episodes of Vikings tomorrow.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I can't stay awake no matter when I watch it. I want to give it a chance, but I find it really boring.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    I can't stay awake no matter when I watch it. I want to give it a chance, but I find it really boring.
    lol I wouldn't watch it if I were you then

History Renews 'Vikings' for Second Season

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-season-433243

The cable network has ordered 10 more episodes for its first scripted drama created by Michael Hirst, it was announced Friday by Dirk Hoogstra, executive vp development and programming for History. Production on season two will begin in the summer with a premiere in 2014.

"Vikings is a win win for us. As our first scripted series, Vikings has paid off in a big way with critical acclaim, strong ratings and a passionate, loyal fan base. It came out of the gate strong and has stayed on top, solidifying History as a major player in the scripted genre, just as we are in reality,” said Hoogstra. “We could not be more proud of the entire cast and crew and everyone involved in the making of Vikings. Michael Hirst has captured audiences with his complex, compelling characters and brought the unknown, epic world of these warriors to life."

Vikings debuted strong in early March to 6.2 million viewers, helping propel History to No. 1 in its 10 p.m. Sunday time slot. Over the first five weeks, Vikings has averaged 5 million viewers, with 2.2 million among adults 25-54 and 1.9 million in 18-49. For its most recent episode, the drama drew 4.7 million viewers.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    NICE!!

Jealousy brews with Rollo.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    I might actually start taking a look at this. Looks pretty awesome and want something with swords and barbarians. Just thought it would be boring because it was on the history channel.

Pete thinks it's boring. I don't. I think it's kick ass. I'm surprised more aren't watching it, to be honest. Especially fans of the shields and swords variety.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Saw the first episode and it was pretty good. Just haven't had a chance to keep watching it.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I think the premise is awesome, but the show puts me to sleep. I think the story has potential but the writing isn't engaging at all, and nothing happened in the first 2 episodes (action wise) to hook me.

Problem is, after watching Spartacus, GoT, and even Camelot, this show should be competing with them in terms of action, plot twists, etc., and it doesn't.

I keep falling asleep waiting for something to happen.

Probably because its History Channel. Would have been better served being produced by a network that knows how to pull this stuff off.

Have you gotten past the first two episodes? The main crux of the story line really hasn't taken place until the last two episodes, so I think you need to watch a few more before you can honestly call it.

Two episodes is too shallow a pool to base an honest judgement on. If it was adequate, I'd still be watching The Following.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Have you gotten past the first two episodes? The main crux of the story line really hasn't taken place until the last two episodes, so I think you need to watch a few more before you can honestly call it.

Two episodes is too shallow a pool to base an honest judgement on. If it was adequate, I'd still be watching The Following.
    What if you can't stay awake through the 2 episodes? Episode one I barely made it and had to re-watch the last 10 minutes. The second episode I fell asleep after 10 minutes.

If you can't, you can't. I'm just saying, two episodes is a really small sample size to base your take on a series on IMO. If it was adequate enough, I'd still be watching The Following.

24, by comparison, I'd have bailed on watching, because I hated the first three episodes, and it didn't really get "good" until episodes 4, 5, 6.

Even Game of Thrones, before I read the books, I wasn't that sold on from episodes one and two. It took episode three or four to "hook" me.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    If you can't, you can't. I'm just saying, two episodes is a really small sample size to base your take on a series on IMO. If it was adequate enough, I'd still be watching The Following.

24, by comparison, I'd have bailed on watching, because I hated the first three episodes, and it didn't really get "good" until episodes 4, 5, 6.

Even Game of Thrones, before I read the books, I wasn't that sold on from episodes one and two. It took episode three or four to "hook" me.
    I get that, but it's not about not caring for it. It's about not being awake to even be able to decide of I like it because it's so fucking boring LOL.

We're going in circles. If it's that bad for you, don't watch it. I'm just saying, based on your complaint of not really having anything compelling happen yet, you're cutting yourself short, because the feud between Ragnar Lothbrok and Earl Haraldson takes on a whole new level starting with episode 4. It's this point on that the crux of this season truly begins.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

My co-worker got to episode 5 of GoT and still couldn't find anything worthwhile in it. Fuck him then.

I'll give this 3-4 episodes. I'll attempt it this weekend.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Need me to remind you to record it?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Need me to remind you to record it?
    I prefer to watch it live. What time is it on so I can put it on my e-calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhgeddaboudit View Post
    My co-worker got to episode 5 of GoT and still couldn't find anything worthwhile in it. Fuck him then.

I'll give this 3-4 episodes. I'll attempt it this weekend.
    Once you reach the end of Episode 4, if you still don't care, don't bother. The first two/three episodes set up the story/feud between Ragnar Lothbrok, the show's protagonist, and Earl Haraldson, one of it's antagonists.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast