• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

Whale win it 3-2. Great comeback win. 5 game win streak now, including three wins in the last three days. Same players as usual were impressive. Mashinter, Thomas, Newbury, and Haley. Segal was also very good in this one and by the 3rd had replaced Palmieri on the top line with Newbury and Mashinter.

Thomas likes to go for the Rick Nash type one on one moves, and he manages to pull them off at a pretty good rate, he just didn't finish. One play he dangled through two guys and got through but the goalie poked it away. On another he made a nice power move and lowered his shoulder to drive a defender to the net. Almost finished it, but the goalie made the save. Nice to see a big power move from such a small guy. Like that mentality.

The Whale got more great goaltending, this time from Missiaen. Steady defensive play outside of a few shaky moments, however Vernace never returned from his injury so that could be a big blow going forward if it's serious. Luckily they had Pyett in at forward so he just switched back to D after Vernace left.

It seems that Mashinter should be called up soon. He is excelling at everything and his skating is better than I ever thought. Perhaps they want him to remain in this environment for a while in order to let his new strides really set in. That would be the only explanation for keeping him down.

Any fear of McIlrath getting in over his head with some fight opponents in his first year?

He's huge and strong as hell. He's fought some really big, tough guys already. I don't think anyone is gonna knock him out, but if he loses a fight he'll take it as a learning experience. He has a great personality and I don't think he's ever going to become timid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...