• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

I don't know if this is hard to keep track of, it's a lot of posts. But I plan to update for all the games for anyone who cares, and I'll likely do it as I'm watching them even if I can't always watch them live. Should I just keep posting post after post when stuff happens or is there some other way? Like one post and keep adding updates? Mods let me know what's preferred.

I don't know if this is hard to keep track of, it's a lot of posts. But I plan to update for all the games for anyone who cares, and I'll likely do it as I'm watching them even if I can't always watch them live. Should I just keep posting post after post when stuff happens or is there some other way? Like one post and keep adding updates? Mods let me know what's preferred.

Love it. Just update with new posts as content seems fit. :cheers:

Watching this now, don't know the final, so it's new to me.

After 1 period, both goalies have been outstanding, but Talbot had one lapse and let in a bad angle goal. Mashinter and Newbury have looked very good again.

The second line has shown some solid play. Christian Thomas looks very good again. He's been playing the point on the PP to utilize his cannon. It would be tough to say that there is much of a difference from his slapper and one-timer and Stamkos's when watching it, the shot is hard to believe.

Whoever is coaching the Whale PP should be brought up to coach the Rangers PP. Great movement and possession. Whale tied it late in the period with Logan Pyett hammering one home off a beautiful feed from Vernace. Pyett has recently been playing forward rather than D. In the games I watched, Vernace has been really impressive. He's a bit of a journeyman at 26 but this is the best he's ever produced in the AHL. He's also playing top pairing with huge minutes. He may have a future in the NHL somewhere.

McIlrath is just fun to watch. Two massive hits in the period that left guys struggling to get up. He's challenging forwards at the blueline entering the zone and he's also made some nice aggressive plays to pinch in on offense to keep plays alive and pucks in the zone.

Whale win in OT in OT with 3 on 3 hockey after matching minors. Segal buries it into what was basically open net.

Mashinter was without question the best player on the ice for us in this one, with Newbury a close 2nd. Mashinter got an assist on the first goal that was added in later. He and Newbury are our top two forwards and were the top forward pairing out there when OT started. Palmieri plays on their line, but is not nearly as visible and seems to make little impact.

Thomas was ok in this one, but nothing like last night. Vernace and McIlrath were both very good, but despite the low score the rest of the D was inconsistent. Eminger was not very good at all, had giveaways and lapses all night, but some nice offensive rushes as well. Yogan took multiple dumb penalties. Still, good win and a hard fought game. Talbot was very good.

Toffoli rips a shot past Missiaen to give the Monarchs a 2-1 lead. Nobody really at fault because it was just a good shot, but he was Eminger's man on the play. Missiaen has been playing very well.

End of two. Gernander has mixed the lines up a bit to try to find some offense. He's split up Newbury and Mashinter in an attempt to get other guys going.