• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

Had a shut out in the last game.

Between him, georgiev, and huska this team is fine for the next decade in goaltending. Just hope they manage these assets well.

Olof Lindbom is also having a good season. I didnt like that they used a 2nd rounder on him, but he?s still a solid prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Good point, don't sleep on Lindbom. Goalies take a while to find their way, he could be an exciting piece in the near future.

My goal would be to contstantly platoon two effective goalies, this promotes internal competition, keeps them fresh and most importantly, the platoon will suppress salary.

Someone should tell Lundqvist to retire by next season

Or just convince him to waive the NMC to go try to win a Cup. I don't see how he doesn't regret not trying to win one somewhere. Is he really going to bank on the Rangers being that much better by next season that they will win a Cup? He's running out of time. I have appreciated his loyalty but going elsewhere makes the most sense for both sides.

Or just convince him to waive the NMC to go try to win a Cup. I don't see how he doesn't regret not trying to win one somewhere. Is he really going to bank on the Rangers being that much better by next season that they will win a Cup? He's running out of time. I have appreciated his loyalty but going elsewhere makes the most sense for both sides.

I mean, yeah, but he's also in a unique position in which he's earned the right to call his shot. He may value being a career Ranger more than the off-chance a trade to a city he doesn't want to play for will win him a Cup.

I disagree. He is, to me at least, the greatest goaltender in franchise history. Cup or not. I think he's earned the right to call his shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

"the greatest goaltender in franchise history to never win the cup" maybe. I wouldn't care if he's traded. I would've popped a vein if Richter was traded

I mean, yeah, but he's also in a unique position in which he's earned the right to call his shot. He may value being a career Ranger more than the off-chance a trade to a city he doesn't want to play for will win him a Cup.

Sure, agreed. I'm not sure what value there is in being a "career Ranger" though, as if it's a badge of honor and he would get treated differently post-retirement.

Twice, no?

I know Richter was traded to EDM for Corey Potter at one point (maybe the pick that became Corey Potter) - was it Leetch who was traded twice?

Crap, I always forget too. I thought Richter was also traded to San Jose because of an expansion draft... but maybe I’m confused with the Graves thing too. I know 1 or bother we’re “loophole” trades though

Richter's rights were traded to, Vancouver or Edmonton iirc, prior to one of the early 90's expansion drafts. He then signed with the Rangers as a free agent. He never actually played for another team.

He was drafted by Nashville in the expansion draft but I believe something to do with RFA rights prevented that from happening. This happened twice in some capacity or another.

I don't think he's earned any more, or less, than other great Ranger goalies. None of them got to dicatete that stuff.

Henrik was paid, and he has a NMC. Nothing says they can't ask him three times a year if he'll waive.

And nothing should be held against him if he says no every time.