• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

Perhaps, though they do employ a few proven AHL commodities.

Like I said, it's hard to know without watching, but one thing that is clear is that they're a pretty shitty team and at least part of that is likely contributed to the failure of some of our younger guys to make an impact.

Though they're arguably missing an important one in Carey, who would probably have played first-line center.

Without watching any games my hope is that they've specifically asked him to focus on his defensive shortcomings.

Its obviously not working if he is -6.

Sounds like idiotic mgmt to ask a guy to not play on his strenght just so he can "improve on his weaknesses". Its like telling a "stay at home" D to not enter the D-zone anymore because he needs to work on his O-zone game.

Its obviously not working if he is -6.

Sounds like idiotic mgmt to ask a guy to not play on his strenght just so he can "improve on his weaknesses". Its like telling a "stay at home" D to not enter the D-zone anymore because he needs to work on his O-zone game.

The entire team is a -. +/- is a team stat. It has little to do with DeAngelo focusing on his gap control or positioning. DeAngelo can do everything right just to have someone else's fuck up lead to a goal against.

It sounds idiotic to tell a guy who can't defend to learn how to defend if he wants to take next step? Huh?

Thats obviously not what I said. Ofcourse he should work on his defensive game, but working on your defensive game is no excuse of not putting up offensive numbers if you are a offensive D-man. Do they teach him to stay in The D-zone while the team is on the breakaway? If so thats just stupid.

He is an offensive D - and he will always be that (and thats what we want), but then he needs to learn to play D according to his style of play. Cant let his offensive go to waste because he needs to teach how to defend. He needs to know how defend being a offensive D, not make him into a ?stay at home D?.

Again, I have not seen one hartford game, but those numbers are just not acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

His offensive talents aren't going to waste, it's the AHL, it's an instructional league for someone like him.

I actually think Deangelo just isn't good enough, and was a waste of an ask from the Rangers side, but I'm just suggesting the obvious; the club would prefer he rounded his game out, so that's what he's trying to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell us why DeAngelo isn't producing down in the AHL? Three points and -6 in 13 games sounds terrible.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Looks like he's turned it on lately. Because he jumped from 3 in 13 to now having 10 in 18. Still a -6, but the offense is now coming alive.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...