• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

AHL app is terrible. I've had it for a few years. It's like...difficult to find ANYTHING, though I haven't looked at it in a while. I remember having trouble finding rosters and scores...seriously.

Like, I don't remember what I was able to find in the app, but it wasn't the HAR roster and it wasn't the score of the games...

3 point night for Chytil yesterday. 8 points now in 6 games

For an 18 year old that's a badass start to his pro career. If the Rangers didn't suck so much I'd say he would probably be ready to help us half way into the season, but at this point I would just let him develop down there for a whole season

Someone posted on the other board that he's the youngest player in the AHL in nearly 40 years... guy JUST turned 18 in September.

As shitty as this team has been, the future looks promising with Shesterkin, Chytil and Andersson. If they play their cards right in this draft they may get away with a quick rebuild

Yeah, even if this season tanks, assuming they move Nash, Grabner, and the rest of the UFAs for picks, they're likely going to end up with four first-round picks in two years, plus whatever else they can net in additional deals. That's a solid start on a rebuild.

Yeah, even if this season tanks, assuming they move Nash, Grabner, and the rest of the UFAs for picks, they're likely going to end up with four first-round picks in two years, plus whatever else they can net in additional deals. That's a solid start on a rebuild.

I?d be stunned if the Rangers did that. When was the last time they rebuilt properly?

If they're honestly out of it, why wouldn't they? The only way I can see this being an issue is if they're a couple of points out of eighth, in which case, yeah, they'll gun to make the playoffs (even though that's stupid).

• 2 weeks later...
I did a big write up but it was deleted on some bullshit refresh.

Anyways, tldr version in that Gropp, Fontaine, Pionk, Crawley, Graves are garbage and The Pack are in dire straits.

Nothing positive at all with Pionk? I was pretty sure that was going to be the case with the rest of the guys you mentioned but I thought he had a chance.

I'm just scouting boxscores, but, he's providing no offense to speak of and seems to be, at best, surviving defensively.

It's still pretty early for him and could be adjusting, but he was touted as a guy that could "step right in to the NHL". It doesn't look like the case at all.

I'm just scouting boxscores, but, he's providing no offense to speak of and seems to be, at best, surviving defensively.

It's still pretty early for him and could be adjusting, but he was touted as a guy that could "step right in to the NHL". It doesn't look like the case at all.

Hartford doesn't have forwards that score goals with any consistency, so I'd imagine it's pretty difficult for defensemen to put up points.

Perhaps, though they do employ a few proven AHL commodities.

Like I said, it's hard to know without watching, but one thing that is clear is that they're a pretty shitty team and at least part of that is likely contributed to the failure of some of our younger guys to make an impact.

Perhaps, though they do employ a few proven AHL commodities.

Like I said, it's hard to know without watching, but one thing that is clear is that they're a pretty shitty team and at least part of that is likely contributed to the failure of some of our younger guys to make an impact.

Yea, I can buy that. But it's just hard to evaluate a D-man's impact by just watching box scores in this case. And he has generated a lot of shots (35 in 21 games) and pucks just haven't gone in. A couple of different bounces and his stat line is very different. I think he's generally partnered with Ryan Graves and, between the two of them, they have 0 goals on 73 shots. That's bound to change eventually.