• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

OK, thanks for the clarification. Good luck attracting Euro talent on that pittance.
Every team plays by same rules. The Euros still come.

Frankly, it's a very short sighted viewpoint. All you have to do is play out your ELC and if you're worth it you'll get paid. If you're not you're headed back to Russia anyway

He could have gotten 15 min on the 3rd line. They didn't want him in that role apparently, so to some degree it was about role.
Yes, hypothetically he could have. Except in preseason he didn't outplay any of the other wingers. That's the point I'm trying to make.

I think he was better than Fast/Lemieux, but in Quinn's mind not enough to disregard the latter's previous NHL experience and showings.
Word.

But again, if he was lights out in pre-season and left no doubt... We're not having this conversation.

Something no one is addressing... Just people saying Krav should automatically get a spot based on nothing but potential and draft status.

I'm not sure how you could objectively watch training camp and think, "yeah Kravstov is ready." I'm as excited about him as anyone but Traverse City isn't training camp, and he didn't show enough in training camp.

I actually think the Rangers did him a favor by keeping him until the very end, hoping he would eventually show more and he just didn't do it.

I'm not sure how you could objectively watch training camp and think, "yeah Kravstov is ready." I'm as excited about him as anyone but Traverse City isn't training camp, and he didn't show enough in training camp.

I actually think the Rangers did him a favor by keeping him until the very end, hoping he would eventually show more and he just didn't do it.

Define ready. He was ready in terms of playing at this level. He played fine in training camp. He just did not blow anybody away and he was not better than Buchnevich or Kakko for a top 6 RW spot. He was good enough to get a crack as a 3rd line RW, but they did not want to play him there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I believe Andersson has 2 goals in 2 games.

Good. He needs to get his confidence back up in the worst way. Glad he's off to a good start down there. I didn't see a clip of the first goal, but I saw the second goal. Some good work/effort by Andersson with a little bit of help from some meh goaltending.