• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have not watched a single Hartford game this year, but I read that Barron was moved to C for the last game and put up 2g, 1a for 4-7-11 in 11 games this season.

Anyone watched the games? How’s his allround game?

Just getting a depth scorer in the 6th round would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Never for a single second understood why the Rangers have insisted on not playing him at center. He's defensively sound and great on draws. He's a perfect center prospect, let him prove he's not before you move him off of it.

They used him at center during camp.

Have not watched a single Hartford game this year, but I read that Barron was moved to C for the last game and put up 2g, 1a for 4-7-11 in 11 games this season.

Anyone watched the games? How’s his allround game?

Just getting a depth scorer in the 6th round would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I haven't watched since the free season opener. I'd normally subscribe to AHL.TV but given the limited rosters and that Hartford plays the same two opponents repeatedly it didn't really feel like something worth watching. I might just buy a day pass and report back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Torres joins the Wolf Pack after a lengthy scouting and coaching career in the OJHL, OHL, and NHL. Torres most recently served as a scout for the NHL’s Pittsburgh Penguins for five seasons, joining the club prior to the 2016-17 campaign.

Prior to his time in Pittsburgh, where he was on the staff when the Penguins won the 2017 Stanley Cup, Torres spent time in the junior circuit in Canada. Torres served as an Assistant Coach for the OJHL’s Kingston Voyageurs for five seasons, holding the position from 2007-08 through the 2011-12 season. Torres then served as a Video Coach for the team during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons.

In addition to his time in the OJHL and the NHL, Torres spent two seasons in the OHL as a scout for the Peterborough Petes during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Edited by siddious

• 3 weeks later...

Barron had been centering the top line between Brodzinski and Tim Gettinger prior to his recall, with Brodzinski shifting to center in his absence. The top line of Brodzinski, Gettinger and Greco took off and has remained intact since Barron's return. As a result, Barron has centered the second line with Ty Ronning at left wing and Tanner Fritz and Lauri Pajuniemi each getting looks at right wing.

Pajuniemi has yet to take off, with just two points (one goal and one assist) through eight games. But the Rangers have been generally pleased with his two-way commitment and are planning to take a patient approach for the 22-year-old's first North American season.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/11/01/ny-rangers-prospect-report-brett-berard-shining-sophomore/6234652001/

• Like 1