• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

I've been really impressed with Gilmour the few times I've seen him. He obviously still needs to work on certain things, but he has natural offensive instincts that a lot of our d-men (both NHL wise and prospect wise) lack. Could turn out to be a really nice pick up (or, just as likely, Matt Gilroy)

• 7 months later...

Which prospects are AHL-eligible next year? Gropp was last year. Sean Day is I believe. Both Zborovskiy and Brad Morrison are 20 now. Gabe Fontaine and Ty Ronning because of the birthday rule.

The only CHL prospect left is Gettinger. And we have goalies Huska and Wall in the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
He wasn't particularly good and was given chances to succeed. Mostly spent time as a bottom-six player despite Hartford not having particularly good depth. His talent just didn't particularly translate because he's not particularly good at one thing. Granted, he was only 19 and transitioning from larger ice, but it's not the performance you'd like. His defensive game wasn't good enough to make up for his inability to produce. Let's see how he does with a clean slate. I wouldn't call him a failure yet just not much more than a utility player if he makes it.

• 3 months later...
Not fit Halverson, but I'm not sure Day going back to Junior is going to be disastrous. He'll likely dominate. The issue to monitor will be his attitude, to see if he grows jaded over it like Duclair did.

I agree, though in our favor is that Duclair made the opening night roster and Day was in an earlier round of cuts.

Does that mean Nell is getting a shot at the Hartford gig? I liked what little I saw from him in one period of pre season.

Kinda sucks about Halverson. Could have sworn people were hyping him up quite a bit a couple years ago. I think he looked much better than the other kid they had play in preseason.

Looks like they are being quick on getting rid of it giving up on, what they deem dead weight.

Does that mean Nell is getting a shot at the Hartford gig? I liked what little I saw from him in one period of pre season.

Kinda sucks about Halverson. Could have sworn people were hyping him up quite a bit a couple years ago. I think he looked much better than the other kid they had play in preseason.

Looks like they are being quick on getting rid of it giving up on, what they deem dead weight.

They didn't get rid of him or give up on him. He's still just 21. Just like last year they will all be shuffled around based on their play. If he plays well in the ECHL and Georgiev and/or Nell struggle they'll move him up.

• Like 1

Pack 2 - 1 LV Phantoms

10/8

Adam Tambellini scored the only goal of the shootout, and the only Wolf Pack regulation goal, against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms Sunday at the XL Center, in a 2-1 Wolf Pack win.

The game featured a fine goaltending duel between the Wolf Pack’s Chris Nell, who made 28 saves and went 3-for-3 in the shootout, and Lehigh Valley’s Alex Lyon, who stopped 35 shots and was 2-for-3 on shootout attempts.

Just like Friday’s Wolf Pack opener, a 5-4 loss to the Charlotte Checkers, the Wolf Pack scored first in Sunday’s matchup. After Lehigh Valley racked up slashing penalties to T.J. Brennan and Phil Myers, the Pack was given a 5-on-3 opportunity. At the 9:40 mark, Joe Whitney snapped a pass to a wide-open Tambellini on the left back door. Defensemen Nick Pionk also assisted on the goal.

Tambellini said of his power play goal, “Joe’s an extremely skilled player and he really did the whole thing. I just put it in.”

Both teams continued to exchange chances, but could not get another goal until there was 2:07 left in the first.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news/detail/tambellini-nell-help-pack-to-first-win

Anybody know how much ice time Chytil had?

I have a sneaking suspicion he's not even able to play in this league yet, which is fucking hilarious when you think about how the big club had him pencilled in as the 2C.

Not the kids fault, he's a kid, but pretty concerning to me.

Was third line center first game. based on what I've read and a few highlights - he was a little timid, took a couple of penalties, but showed some skill. last night, his line was labeled the 2nd line. Seems like they had a solid game and Chytil was pretty good, scoring and registering 2 assists.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really in to the Pack this year because the Rangers are awful, but, good lord does their App suck balls. Minor League baseball is easy, and fun, for me to follow because their App is good. The AHL? It looks, and feels,like a High School project.