• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

:tweet: @stevezipay: Hartford goalie Cedric Desjardins tore ACL on Friday, done for the season

Big opportunity for Skapski and Missiaen. This'll mean a very big showing for both. Skapski can hopefully build on his season and Missiaen gets a huge opportunity to show whether or not he can actually perform at the AHL level. Skapski better get more starts because Missiaen does suck.

• 4 weeks later...
In other news, Chris Bourque was the only 'Pack 'Star with 30 points in 33 games.

Also, Bobby Sanguenetti is representing Utica. #gooddraftpick

He was taken by the Rangers 21st overall. It's not like the guy taken 22nd overall that they could have taken has probably done much of anything. Let me go take a look to see who that was...oh...oh my...I'm going to quietly back out of the room now.

• 1 month later...

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news/detail/pack-sign-defenseman-kodie-curran-to-ato

Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed defenseman Kodie Curran to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement.

Curran, 25 years old and 6-2, 205 pounds, comes to the Wolf Pack from the University of Calgary Dinos, for whom he led all Canada West University Athletic Association (CWUAA) blueliners in points, goals and assists this year, with 8-16-24 in 23 games. That performance earned Curran First-Team All-CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) West honors for a second straight season, as the Calgary native led all Dino skaters in assists, and finished second on the team in points and third in goals. He also tied for fifth among all CIS defensemen in points.

Curran enjoyed another CIS West First-Team All-Star season in 2013-14, notching four goals and 21 assists for 25 points in 23 games with the Dinos. Those numbers put him second among CWUAA defensemen in assists and third in points, and were good for eighth in point-scoring among CIS blueliners.

In 96 career games with U. Calgary over five seasons, Curran totaled 17 goals and 72 assists for 89 points, along with 115 penalty minutes.

Awesome. The quality of that league has never been better. Interestingly enough, he was one of their only guys not to play major junior.

Check out the Golden Bears roster, it's really good and really deep. They beat Yale this year and destroyed Dartmouth on their US trip.

Awesome. The quality of that league has never been better. Interestingly enough, he was one of their only guys not to play major junior.

Check out the Golden Bears roster, it's really good and really deep. They beat Yale this year and destroyed Dartmouth on their US trip.

Wouldn't read too much into that Dunny.

The Golden Bears already had 8 weeks and around 17 games.

Yale and Dartmouth, (just like rest of NCAA), were playing their 1st hockey games of season when they met.

Typically trying to get a feel of the rookies, transfers, etc.

I understand, but the Golden Bears roster is stacked, they'd be a top 5 NCAA team in my mind. They have like 10 guys who've scored 20-40 goals at the major junior level. The score lines were pretty flattering to the NCAA schools, I've read Alberta was out shooting Yale 28-5 at one point, even worse in the Dartmouth game. Alberta and UNB are miles better than their other CIS brothers though.

CIS teams have to adjust to different NCAA rule calling when they visit NCAA schools too. It's a shame the NCAA is so draconian in it's schedule policies, I'd like to see more games. CIS did very well againsy the NCAA this year in limited action.

I agree to a point. It's not a real, meaningful game. I just think that U of A team pretty much beats anybody on any night.

The WHL scholarship program is going to pay huge dividends to CIS hockey. Not from a prospect perspective but still good for them.

I agree to a point. It's not a real' date=' meaningful game. I just think that U of A team pretty much beats anybody on any night. The WHL scholarship program is going to pay huge dividends to CIS hockey. Not from a prospect perspective but still good for them.[/quote']

I would like to see the NCAA/USHL and CIS/CHL start working together.

I have some crazy ideas

This signing sorta reinforces what I said in the Rangers thread in that I'd like to see a bit more blueline depth in the minor's and via the Hayes signing channel.

I think you mean the Haggerty/Bodie signing channel. It's so few and far between that former NCAA 1st round picks decide not to sign with their draft teams. The only three that come to mind are Hayes, Blake Wheeler and Kyle Turris. Bodie and Haggerty make good boom or bust pickups, similar to this signing.

I think you mean the Haggerty/Bodie signing channel. It's so few and far between that former NCAA 1st round picks decide not to sign with their draft teams. The only three that come to mind are Hayes, Blake Wheeler and Kyle Turris. Bodie and Haggerty make good boom or bust pickups, similar to this signing.

Turris? He played for Phoenix.

Justin Schultz would be the other.