• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Phil

I wanted Fast called up instead of Miller. I'd still call him up.

Just like Miller, would do no good sitting on the bench for Fast.

And Miller has been much better in the AHL.

Fast didn't look close at all this season, let him try again next season.

Just like Miller, would do no good sitting on the bench for Fast.

And Miller has been much better in the AHL.

Fast didn't look close at all this season, let him try again next season.

Fast has come a long way from the start of the season. Miller may be more productive in the AHL, but I'd still prefer Fast. He also has Vigneault's trust during defensive situations. He's been very solid recently. He just hasn't had consistent linemates until Miller was returned to Hartford.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting post from Hartford Hockey on Facebook:

Here are the remaining players in the NHL Playoffs who have played in/for Hartford. Out of who is left which one is your favorite?

With Rangers--

Jesper Fest

Dan Girardi

Carl Hagelin

Chris Kreider

Ryan McDonagh

J.T. Miller

Dominic Moore

Marc Staal

Cam Talbot

Matz Zuccarello

With Boston--

Chad Johnson

With Montreal--

Dale Weise

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Who is Haggerty playing with, Miller?

Just checked some box scores from the past few nights. Based on who was out when goals were scored it appears Lindberg, Haggerty and Vaive are on a line together. Miller is playing with R. Bourque and Fast.

They won 4-2 last night against the Flyers affiliate. Lindberg, C. Bourque, Vaive and Potulny scored the goals. The latter three all registered assists as well. Skapski stopped 27 of 29. Hartford is 5-2-1 and hosts San Jose's minor league team at 3. C. Bourque and Kristo lead the team in scoring with 2 goals and 6 points a piece, while both Haggerty and Bodie have a goal and 5 assists. Just giving a summary for those that want the update.

• 2 weeks later...
Pack lost, but Skapski did well for the team. Got his second straight start and did pretty well. .900 Sv% despite giving up 4 goals. I think he might be turning into something pretty good. The sample size is limited, but he's done well despite Hartford's defensive struggles. Could be a potential future back up with Talbot's future on the team in question.

Pack lost, but Skapski did well for the team. Got his second straight start and did pretty well. .900 Sv% despite giving up 4 goals. I think he might be turning into something pretty good. The sample size is limited, but he's done well despite Hartford's defensive struggles. Could be a potential future back up with Talbot's future on the team in question.

Agreed. Tough ending considering it became a 3 on 2 after Allen's stick broke, and HFD was pinned within their own zone in OT.

Agreed. Tough ending considering it became a 3 on 2 after Allen's stick broke, and HFD was pinned within their own zone in OT.

Hartford wasn't particularly good in OT. I think Skapski might have stolen the starting job from Desjardins at this point. I know it's early and the sample size is small, but Skapski looks like he's comfortable. It's a good sign especially if he can make a jump in 2 or so years. He makes up for the recent shitshow that was Stajcer and Missiean.

• 2 weeks later...