Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Bodie and Haggerty really impressing so far for the Pack. Lindberg and Kristo off to great starts as well.
    Not bad. If push came to shove, 2 of those 4 could probably sub up to the NHL level for a short visit to cover for injury.
    And in the meantime talent is developing down there.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

//reported Junior Division
    where do you cats watch the pack? online?
    LGR!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Bodie and Haggerty really impressing so far for the Pack. Lindberg and Kristo off to great starts as well.
    Who is Haggerty playing with, Miller?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Who is Haggerty playing with, Miller?
    Just checked some box scores from the past few nights. Based on who was out when goals were scored it appears Lindberg, Haggerty and Vaive are on a line together. Miller is playing with R. Bourque and Fast.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Lindber was a team worst -4 in a 7-3 loss to Albany. Hrivik, C. Bourque and Miller with the goals. Missiaen gave up 6 in 50+ minutes before giving way to Skapski. Albany scored an empty netter for the 7th.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Mackenzie Skapski is off to a really good start since becoming the backup in Hartford. 2-0-0 with a .958 SV%, .94 GAA and 1 SO. Worth following to see how he progresses.
    Last edited by Drew a Penalty; 11-02-2014 at 10:17 AM.

They won 4-2 last night against the Flyers affiliate. Lindberg, C. Bourque, Vaive and Potulny scored the goals. The latter three all registered assists as well. Skapski stopped 27 of 29. Hartford is 5-2-1 and hosts San Jose's minor league team at 3. C. Bourque and Kristo lead the team in scoring with 2 goals and 6 points a piece, while both Haggerty and Bodie have a goal and 5 assists. Just giving a summary for those that want the update.

//reported Junior Division
    they play the phantoms (close to me) in feb...
    i'm trying to organize something with my shitty phorum to go.

does anyone here want to go?
    LGR!

They're up 4-0 on Worcester (Sharks) early in the 3rd. Goal scorers are C. Bourque, Miller, Kristo and Fast. Cedrick Desjardins in net. Bodie and Lindberg each with two assists.

Update, final score 4-3. Desjardins ends up with 34 saves on 37 shots.
    Last edited by Cash or Czech?; 11-02-2014 at 06:21 PM.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Appreciate the pack updates Czech.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Pack win 3-1 this afternoon. Haggerty, Lindberg and Crabb score the goals. Desjardins in net.

Pack lost, but Skapski did well for the team. Got his second straight start and did pretty well. .900 Sv% despite giving up 4 goals. I think he might be turning into something pretty good. The sample size is limited, but he's done well despite Hartford's defensive struggles. Could be a potential future back up with Talbot's future on the team in question.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Pack lost, but Skapski did well for the team. Got his second straight start and did pretty well. .900 Sv% despite giving up 4 goals. I think he might be turning into something pretty good. The sample size is limited, but he's done well despite Hartford's defensive struggles. Could be a potential future back up with Talbot's future on the team in question.
    Agreed. Tough ending considering it became a 3 on 2 after Allen's stick broke, and HFD was pinned within their own zone in OT.
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    Agreed. Tough ending considering it became a 3 on 2 after Allen's stick broke, and HFD was pinned within their own zone in OT.
    Hartford wasn't particularly good in OT. I think Skapski might have stolen the starting job from Desjardins at this point. I know it's early and the sample size is small, but Skapski looks like he's comfortable. It's a good sign especially if he can make a jump in 2 or so years. He makes up for the recent shitshow that was Stajcer and Missiean.

Skapski gets his fifth win of the season for the Pack. Doing really well for them and he's just 20.

@stevezipay: Hartford goalie Cedric Desjardins tore ACL on Friday, done for the season

Big opportunity for Skapski and Missiaen. This'll mean a very big showing for both. Skapski can hopefully build on his season and Missiaen gets a huge opportunity to show whether or not he can actually perform at the AHL level. Skapski better get more starts because Missiaen does suck.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    In other news, Chris Bourque was the only 'Pack 'Star with 30 points in 33 games.

Also, Bobby Sanguenetti is representing Utica. #gooddraftpick

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In other news, Chris Bourque was the only 'Pack 'Star with 30 points in 33 games.

Also, Bobby Sanguenetti is representing Utica. #gooddraftpick
    He was taken by the Rangers 21st overall. It's not like the guy taken 22nd overall that they could have taken has probably done much of anything. Let me go take a look to see who that was...oh...oh my...I'm going to quietly back out of the room now.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news...-curran-to-ato

Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed defenseman Kodie Curran to an Amateur Tryout (ATO) agreement.

Curran, 25 years old and 6-2, 205 pounds, comes to the Wolf Pack from the University of Calgary Dinos, for whom he led all Canada West University Athletic Association (CWUAA) blueliners in points, goals and assists this year, with 8-16-24 in 23 games. That performance earned Curran First-Team All-CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) West honors for a second straight season, as the Calgary native led all Dino skaters in assists, and finished second on the team in points and third in goals. He also tied for fifth among all CIS defensemen in points.

Curran enjoyed another CIS West First-Team All-Star season in 2013-14, notching four goals and 21 assists for 25 points in 23 games with the Dinos. Those numbers put him second among CWUAA defensemen in assists and third in points, and were good for eighth in point-scoring among CIS blueliners.

In 96 career games with U. Calgary over five seasons, Curran totaled 17 goals and 72 assists for 89 points, along with 115 penalty minutes.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Awesome. The quality of that league has never been better. Interestingly enough, he was one of their only guys not to play major junior.

Check out the Golden Bears roster, it's really good and really deep. They beat Yale this year and destroyed Dartmouth on their US trip.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast