Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Pack is Back — General Hartford Wolf Pack Discussion

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Without watching any games my hope is that they've specifically asked him to focus on his defensive shortcomings.
    Its obviously not working if he is -6.

Sounds like idiotic mgmt to ask a guy to not play on his strenght just so he can "improve on his weaknesses". Its like telling a "stay at home" D to not enter the D-zone anymore because he needs to work on his O-zone game.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    It sounds idiotic to tell a guy who can't defend to learn how to defend if he wants to take next step? Huh?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Its obviously not working if he is -6.

Sounds like idiotic mgmt to ask a guy to not play on his strenght just so he can "improve on his weaknesses". Its like telling a "stay at home" D to not enter the D-zone anymore because he needs to work on his O-zone game.
    The entire team is a -. +/- is a team stat. It has little to do with DeAngelo focusing on his gap control or positioning. DeAngelo can do everything right just to have someone else's fuck up lead to a goal against.

Senior Member Bantam Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    It sounds idiotic to tell a guy who can't defend to learn how to defend if he wants to take next step? Huh?
    Thats obviously not what I said. Ofcourse he should work on his defensive game, but working on your defensive game is no excuse of not putting up offensive numbers if you are a offensive D-man. Do they teach him to stay in The D-zone while the team is on the breakaway? If so thats just stupid.

He is an offensive D - and he will always be that (and thats what we want), but then he needs to learn to play D according to his style of play. Cant let his offensive go to waste because he needs to teach how to defend. He needs to know how defend being a offensive D, not make him into a «stay at home D».

Again, I have not seen one hartford game, but those numbers are just not acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

His offensive talents aren't going to waste, it's the AHL, it's an instructional league for someone like him.

I actually think Deangelo just isn't good enough, and was a waste of an ask from the Rangers side, but I'm just suggesting the obvious; the club would prefer he rounded his game out, so that's what he's trying to do.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Nell re-assigned to Greenville. Georgiev and Mazanec the guys for Hartford for now. Though Mazanec didn't start off too good aside from 'winning'.

They're on a good little stretch. Chytil didn't play this weekend, though, I believe.

They're on a good little stretch. Chytil didn't play this weekend, though, I believe.
    Probably with the Czech world junior team...

DeAngelo had 4 assists over the weekend.

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Probably with the Czech world junior team...
    Yep. Between the blow to his head a while back and prep for the WJC, they're just trying to keep him healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Yep. Between the blow to his head a while back and prep for the WJC, they're just trying to keep him healthy.
    Excited to see him play with Zadina. My dream scenario...trade Nash to a bubble team for a 1st, bubble team misses the playoffs, pick ends up in the top 3. Hey you never know.

Oh yeah, good call fellas, thanks

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324