Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rangers Draft [D] Calle Andersson With 4th Round (119th) Pick

Senior Member Junior Division
    Just saw this. What the? It's not like they have a bunch of options. Why are they releasing a 22 year old?

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    He wasn't doing much and was passed on the depth chart by Bodie, Graves and Gilmour. Plus there's new arrival Paliotta, vet Summers and now Kampfer.

He wasn't taking the strides needed to be an NHL player, and he probably wanted playing time not in the ECHL. Makes sense to leave for Europe then.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash or Czech? View Post
    He wasn't doing much and was passed on the depth chart by Bodie, Graves and Gilmour. Plus there's new arrival Paliotta, vet Summers and now Kampfer.

He wasn't taking the strides needed to be an NHL player, and he probably wanted playing time not in the ECHL. Makes sense to leave for Europe then.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    How is Paliotta looking? That looked like a nice scrap heap signing.

I heard a bunch of positive talk about Andersson up until this. I guess it makes sense if the new guys are already playing above him. But Summers..? Ugggh.

Senior Member Mite Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Doesn't/didn't make sense Anderssen was a righthanded defenseman, his dad for played for the Rangers and his little brother is playing in the AHL--for Calgary I think.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12