Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Draft [D] Calle Andersson With 4th Round (119th) Pick

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend

Rangers Draft [D] Calle Andersson With 4th Round (119th) Pick

Name: Calle Anderson
    Position: Defenseman
    Shoots: Right
    Current Team: Färjestad bk Karlstad (SEL) (Currently on loan to the Malmö Redhawks of the Allsvenskan League)

Elite Prospect's Profile: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=30181
    An all-around two-way defenseman. Andersson contributes both offensively and defensively. Skates well for a big guy and has impressive decision making. Passing game is strong and so is his positioning. Not overly flashy, but plays with authority and smarts.
    Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=155350
    Team Player Page: http://www.malmoredhawks.com/Redhawk...lle-Andersson/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Fur now BSBH Rookie
    Signed to EL contract. Intends to attend development camp but will most likely play another season with Zug

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Who is reporting this?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, “I'm still waiting to hear what your point is.”"
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I saw it on bleaker report's app

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome 2.0 View Post
    Who is reporting this?
    Corey Pronman of ESPN and Hockey Prospectus. Check out @coreypronman's Tweet: https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...44801537110016
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

ಠ_ಠ BSBH Legend
    Thanks.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    He just signed that Swiss contract a few days ago and it had an out to come here if he signed with us before June 15th so I'm not so sure it's a lock that he's staying in Europe. He has never played in the Swiss league before, was in a Swedish program that was struggling and had been relegated to a lower division, so he wanted out. The ever so unreliable Leslie Treff was reporting earlier this month that he was coming to play in Hartford next season, but I never trust her anyway.

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    He just signed that Swiss contract a few days ago and it had an out to come here if he signed with us before June 15th so I'm not so sure it's a lock that he's staying in Europe. He has never played in the Swiss league before, was in a Swedish program that was struggling and had been relegated to a lower division, so he wanted out. The ever so unreliable Leslie Treff was reporting earlier this month that he was coming to play in Hartford next season, but I never trust her anyway.
    Not doubting your info here, but still needs a source, homie. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not doubting your info here, but still needs a source, homie. Thanks.
    http://www.clarosports.com/news_stor...-deal-13327971

Calle Andersson, who was drafted by the New York Rangers 119th overall in 2012, has signed a one-year contract with EV Zug, which includes an NHL out-clause. This clause will be valid until June 15, according to Marcel Kuchta (Aargauer Zeitung)..

Former Moderator BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Thanks. So how far away from the NHL is he? Sounds like 3 seasons? 1 more in Europe and 2 in the A?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thanks. So how far away from the NHL is he? Sounds like 3 seasons? 1 more in Europe and 2 in the A?
    Yeah that's probably right. It will be tough to know how far off he is until he comes to play in a real league.

Sticks Out For Harambe BSBH Prospect
    So would he come to camp this summer with the other prospects?
    Hidden Content
    “Practice isn't the thing you do once you're good. It's the thing you do that makes you good.”- Malcolm Gladwell

Quote Originally Posted by CreaseCrusader91 View Post
    So would he come to camp this summer with the other prospects?
    He will be here for development camp. Not sure about training camp, guess it depends how everything goes before then.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Thought he looked pretty darn decent back in the 2012 camp
    http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=81132

Tall player (6'2"), remember he made an impression on me in the short time watching those scrimmage videos back then, seemed poised and calm. (Although I might have seen what I wanted to see.) Just a hand injury kept him out of camp last year. But it was a kinda camp of shrimps so I guess he looked much larger in comparison with some of the diminutive forwards we had.

#13 Calle Andersson: Defenseman, 19, Malmo Redhawks (Swedish Allsvenskan)
    Posted by Adam Herman on Jan 6, 2014 08:24

Like Tambellini, injury issues set back Andersson; for him it was a wrist problem dating back to last season. However, Andersson has gotten into a routine much quicker. Playing in the second division in Sweden, which, like Buchnevich, is largely against grown, matured players, Andersson has earned 10 points in 28 games. Those are very acceptable numbers for a 19-year-old, and he's been responsible enough defensively. Gordie Clark said that the team really likes his poise and vision with the puck on his stick, but that he has to work on being a bit less timid. The Swedish leagues, though certainly legitimate and competitive, don't match up to the NHL in terms of the physical nature. Andersson is going to have to work on that and might need to come over to North America to do so. His rights expire at the end of the season so the scouting staff will soon have a decision to make on whether to sign him, but if he continues on this path then I find it difficult to imagine he is not signed. Andersson is the one guy in the system who has any sort of potential as a puck moving defenseman and powerplay quarterback, and for those reasons he is an important prospect.

http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-articl...uary-2013.html
    Last edited by Respecttheblue; 06-05-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    @TSNBobMcKenzie
    Mason Raymond (ANA) and Calle Andersson (NYR) on unconditional waivers, presumably for mutually agreed termination of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Never really became the puck mover that some hoped he'd be. Not surprising that he's going. He wasn't going to get time with more deserving players ahead of him.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Long live the King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew a Penalty View Post
    Never really became the puck mover that some hoped he'd be. Not surprising that he's going. He wasn't going to get time with more deserving players ahead of him.
    I'm surprised. He is only 22. Why is Summers still here?

Shawcappella BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Veteran presence. There's always been the preference to have a journeyman there. Until McIlrath was sent down the player with the most experience in defense was Hughes who's in his 4th professional season.

Anderson also wasn't playing above anyone that warranted time. The commodity he offered, two way play and puck movement, is already provided by other players who are better.

Moderator Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Me too. He's an 83 in my NHL 16 franchise, so obviously Gorton doesn't know what he's doing lol

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Well poop!

I liked what I saw of Anderson a few years ago and also what I had read, but I guess things change, or don't progress quick enough. It's not like we have a slew of blue chip defensive prospects.

#13 Calle Andersson: Defenseman, 19, Malmo Redhawks (Swedish Allsvenskan)
    Posted by Adam Herman on Jan 6, 2014 08:24

Like Tambellini, injury issues set back Andersson; for him it was a wrist problem dating back to last season. However, Andersson has gotten into a routine much quicker. Playing in the second division in Sweden, which, like Buchnevich, is largely against grown, matured players, Andersson has earned 10 points in 28 games. Those are very acceptable numbers for a 19-year-old, and he's been responsible enough defensively. Gordie Clark said that the team really likes his poise and vision with the puck on his stick, but that he has to work on being a bit less timid. The Swedish leagues, though certainly legitimate and competitive, don't match up to the NHL in terms of the physical nature. Andersson is going to have to work on that and might need to come over to North America to do so. His rights expire at the end of the season so the scouting staff will soon have a decision to make on whether to sign him, but if he continues on this path then I find it difficult to imagine he is not signed. Andersson is the one guy in the system who has any sort of potential as a puck moving defenseman and powerplay quarterback, and for those reasons he is an important prospect.

http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-articl...uary-2013.html
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast