Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rangers Draft [C] Steven Fogarty With 3rd Round (72nd) Pick

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    I feel a little dirty. When I see good news on one of these prospects, the first thing I sometimes do is go back to the OP to see what their size is, wondering was he from that one of the smurfs we drafted a few years ago? answer is no.

Then I remind myself that "hey Zucc is only 5-foot and a bit, but he delivers like size is no object. And lest I forget Marty in his heyday or even Theo Fleury and that Buffalo/Flyer fellow that tormented us with the french name that I forget for a moment.)

But the good news is Fogarty is 6'2" 194 so a decent frame to build on, and he's a center so I breathe a sigh of future relief.
    Obviously, one never knows with prospects but what I care most about some days is healthy prospects in the pipeline because the nightmare days of a barren farm system are still not forgotten, even if they are more than a decade in the past.
    Up to 6'3 212 now.

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Depends on who is giving out contracts, I guess.

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    You don't develop 4th line pigeons.
    We developed Fast. We developed Lindberg (who everyone was calling a 4th liner not too long ago). Teams develop bottom 6 forwards all the time. And some of them end up surprising you and becoming top 6. There's plenty of room under the 50 contract limit for guys like this. Every season you move on from prospects that didn't pan out and replace them with ones who have some shot at becoming NHL players.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Up to 6'3 212 now.
    I'll give TwoMinutes the benefit of the doubt here just off his big pimpin Lindberg analysis.

Least u know the kid has 1/2 a brain between his ears and should be a good character guy given he's a captain. Given the growth looks like he's putting his time in the weight room as well.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMinutesForNothing View Post
    Up to 6'3 212 now.
    That size and being a captain alone almost makes him a must-sign. The fact that he's scoring well makes it a no-brainer to me. The fact that he's 22 and scoring makes him a bit more "meh," but for an ELC why not?

Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    We developed Fast. We developed Lindberg (who everyone was calling a 4th liner not too long ago). Teams develop bottom 6 forwards all the time. And some of them end up surprising you and becoming top 6. There's plenty of room under the 50 contract limit for guys like this. Every season you move on from prospects that didn't pan out and replace them with ones who have some shot at becoming NHL players.
    That's great. Did you read the post I was responding to? He was being touted as a player that COULD be a good 4th liner.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Sign the kid , he worth a shot, how can you not he was drafted , so he must have something the scouts liked

Former Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Sign the kid , he worth a shot, how can you not he was drafted , so he must have something the scouts liked
    He was drafted four years ago and plenty of draft picks go unsigned. To get a contract, he's really got to show something. So far, he has.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123