Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 661

Thread: Home Improvement Thread (Not The TV Show)

  1. #201
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Ordered some misc Movie posters and had them framed, and hung on wall.
    Slapshot
    Miracle
    Mystery Alaska

    Also ordered a bunch of panoramic Hockey arena things and had them framed.

    Along with air hockey table, it's starting to have a hockey theme going.

  2. #202
    PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Fuhgeddaboudit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Power
    36
    Puck, what do you do for a living?!

  3. #203
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by PP Conundrum View Post
    Puck, what do you do for a living?!
    As little as possible

  4. #204
    Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,788
    Rep Power
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by PP Conundrum View Post
    Puck, what do you do for a living?!
    If I had his money, I would burn mine.

  5. #205
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    If I had his money, I would burn mine.
    Oh whatever.
    The only difference between you and I i'm thinking is our age.
    You have been following my career path

  6. #206
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    I think Puckhead makes a lot of money where the big ticket items cost less than in the "big city".

  7. #207
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    I think Puckhead makes a lot of money where the big ticket items cost less than in the "big city".
    Mainly real estate.
    I've got 3 homes and 2 duplexes I rent out.
    And then my house.

    I wouldn't even want to guess what a new 3800sq ft house costs in your neck of the woods.
    Most other things are probably a bit more spendy up here.

  8. #208
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Mainly real estate.
    I've got 3 homes and 2 duplexes I rent out.
    And then my house.

    I wouldn't even want to guess what a new 3800sq ft house costs in your neck of the woods.
    Most other things are probably a bit more spendy up here.
    Well that's the biggest thing. I'd say a 3800sqft house in my area goes for about $700k.

    Did I read this right, you have 3 houses PLUS 2 duplexes you rent for a total of 5 properties? Or, 2 duplexes plus your own home?

  9. #209
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Well that's the biggest thing. I'd say a 3800sqft house in my area goes for about $700k.

    Did I read this right, you have 3 houses PLUS 2 duplexes you rent for a total of 5 properties? Or, 2 duplexes plus your own home?
    Three houses I rent out- (3 renters)
    One duplex I rent out- (2 renters)

    So just 4 properties that are rentals.
    Although the duplex is considered two "zero" lot line houses.
    Sitting on 5 acres, 1800sq each side, plus garages in middle.

  10. #210
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,396
    Rep Power
    362
    Jesus....

  11. #211
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    18,975
    Rep Power
    126
    That's really awesome. Real estate, when done right, is a cool way to make money.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  12. #212
    PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Fuhgeddaboudit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Power
    36
    Holy shit, that's awesome

  13. #213
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Once again, it's a lot different here.
    I have 4 or 6 properties I haven't done anything with.

    You can purchase a nice acre of land around here for 10-20k.
    I'm sure it's close to 100k where some of you live.

  14. #214
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Three houses I rent out- (3 renters)
    One duplex I rent out- (2 renters)

    So just 4 properties that are rentals.
    Although the duplex is considered two "zero" lot line houses.
    Sitting on 5 acres, 1800sq each side, plus garages in middle.
    God bless you.

  15. #215
    PP Conundrum BSBH Prospect
    Fuhgeddaboudit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    14,421
    Rep Power
    36
    Where do you live?

  16. #216
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    God bless you.
    Now you are just mocking me!

    You will notice I keep a folder on FB with pics of duplex, (renters tend to only stay 2 years average).
    That way perspective renters can check it out.

  17. #217
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by PP Conundrum View Post
    Where do you live?
    Alaska

  18. #218
    Sighing Dutchman BSBH Prospect
    Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    18,975
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Once again, it's a lot different here.
    I have 4 or 6 properties I haven't done anything with.

    You can purchase a nice acre of land around here for 10-20k.
    I'm sure it's close to 100k where some of you live.
    "I have 4 or 6 properties." That line made me crack up. Jay turns out to be the Alaskan Gatsby here.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Hidden Content

  19. #219
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,435
    Rep Power
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Now you are just mocking me!

    You will notice I keep a folder on FB with pics of duplex, (renters tend to only stay 2 years average).
    That way perspective renters can check it out.
    Not at all. God bless you for being able to own it, and having the patience to deal with being a landlord.

  20. #220
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,765
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Peetie27 View Post
    Not at all. God bless you for being able to own it, and having the patience to deal with being a landlord.
    I've been lucky with renters for the most part.
    Had a girl by the name of Nora rent the first unit.
    She was a new Captain in the Air Force, attended the academy, and was a lawyer in their Jag office.
    When the other side came up, she knew of two former academy classmates who were now officers and who wanted it.

    Since then as one lawyer transfers out, the next one just moves in.
    Very few issues with military renters, (they have to watch themselves closely)..
    Even fewer issues with officers...
    And pretty much zero issues with officer's working in the JAG office.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •